MoFi UltraDeck / StudioDeck Owners and those interested

Maybe it’s just my imagination, but it sounds like the Ultradeck plays slightly slower than my P3, just slightly pitched down. Is that true? Or was my Rega spinning too hot?

I think I figured out what it was. I was getting really bad slippage on an album, it was super warbly but I flipped it and it played fine. I think I probably just need to get a record weight since there's no mat. It looks like they make one specifically for the Mofi decks too

I think I figured out what it was. I was getting really bad slippage on an album, it was super warbly but I flipped it and it played fine. I think I probably just need to get a record weight since there's no mat. It looks like they make one specifically for the Mofi decks too

The MoFi weight is considered by some, myself included, to be mandatory. Really does make an audible difference in my setup. But $$$..

Hello,
I am having an issue with my UltraDeck. I am able to faintly hear the motor during silent portions of music. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this before?

Hello,
I am having an issue with my UltraDeck. I am able to faintly hear the motor during silent portions of music. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this before?

There is a small amount of motor noise from the deck, but it should not be audible during playback unless you’re very close to the turntable.

My Ultradeck had a failing motor and this noise got worse and worse until it stopped working entirely, but it was replaced under warranty and has been fine since.

There is a small amount of motor noise from the deck, but it should not be audible during playback unless you’re very close to the turntable.

My Ultradeck had a failing motor and this noise got worse and worse until it stopped working entirely, but it was replaced under warranty and has been fine since.
I am hearing the noise through the speakers

The sound was similar to the motor. That is why I assumed that was the source. It is possible that it is a 60hz hum from poor grounding.

Dear Ultradeck Club members, I just noticed that the black caoutchouc ring between the tonearm and the head-shell seems rotting as can be seen in the attached picture… Is this ring a damper for any vibration or just a design aesthetic ?

IMG_1773.JPG

Back