MoFi UltraDeck / StudioDeck Owners and those interested

The thickness of the base of the front feet is thinner/shorter than that that of the back feet, giving you the illusion that they aren't level.

It was not my point : I was not comparing the front-side feet with the back-side feet, but the back-side feet between them... After @kvetcha's reply and looking carefully the pictures I sent before from MOFI's web page I understand now this is normal that the motor-side foot is more compressed than the tonearm-side foot... I am attaching another picture from web which also shows the difference (+/- 1mm) between two back-side feet.mofi back feet.jpg

Also agree.. put them back the way they came..
I asked MOFI and they replied that the difference between back-side feet I noticed is normal because the motor side is heavier than the tonearm side and this has not an issue for the level... last but not least the back-side feet are identical and interchangeable (so the front-side feet)

Dear fellow MoFi turntable and/or phono amp users I just created a "MoFi Electronics Lovers"group on Facebook for the persons who will be interested to meet and exchange their experiences... For the moment I do not have any member... You are welcome if interested... After a certain number of members I will also invite MoFi managers and staff that I already identified on Facebook...

Maybe you could convince them to come here. We've already got Rich Grado dropping by to say hello!

Before discovering the happiness with MoFi I was a longtime user of Clearaudio and I also have a Clearaudio page on Facebook with more than 1200 members... My experience is that big heads prefer Facebook, they like to follow pictures and opinions shared by their customers and thus messages to them are passing more easily... They are in spectator mode... in general they don't make any comment but observes the shared posts by liking them time to time and even sharing some posts on their own pages... I have the Clearaudio CEO and other management staff within members...

Again my feeling is that compared to Cleraudio the MoFi management is much more open to communication and replies rapidly, in a very detailed manner and in a more efficient way to questions... This is very satisfactory for us, the customers... I already had plenty of e-mail exchange with Steve Shade, Gregory Fitzgerald and the Benelux distributor Henny Groenendijk... they are all very helpful and reply in an hour (maybe lockdown plays...but anyway)...

Clearaudio is placing distributors between customers and themselves and they never reply to customer e-mails... you always have to go to your distributor for any question or problem... and solutions are sometime waiting weeks...

Hope I will find enough members for my MoFi page 🙏

oh god no. 2016 on Facebook was grim! Finding out 90% of the people you went to school with were either ignorant or massive racists. Never going back again!
I still have one, I have family scattered all over the globe and my account consists of them and good friends...........that being said @Joe Mac , your comment does apply and I have to just ignore them because they're "Family" ;)

I still have one, I have family scattered all over the globe and my account consists of them and good friends...........that being said @Joe Mac , your comment does apply and I have to just ignore them because they're "Family" ;)

I stopped doing that. I text and call the immediate ones and have an Instagram because it tends to be pictures of children/family events which is what I really want to keep up with anyway.

Just be careful what you post. The clause in that license that made me drop them was one that said that everything you post to Facebook becomes Facebook's property. As in, you no longer own the original, but rather have a license to use Facebook's stuff (that you made). Actually, I don't remember anything about a license—Facebook might have the right to order you to rip their photos out of your family photo albums. Hopefully they won't abuse this power. Or even better, hopefully they rewrote that clause so you get to keep your stuff now.

I stopped doing that. I text and call the immediate ones and have an Instagram because it tends to be pictures of children/family events which is what I really want to keep up with anyway.
I should, problem is my "peeps" don't use anything else. I've been neglecting other SM for a while so that I'm not jumping all over, but I think we're going to relegate FB to specific criteria and just use Insta for the hobby again ;)

I should, problem is my "peeps" don't use anything else. I've been neglecting other SM for a while so that I'm not jumping all over, but I think we're going to relegate FB to specific criteria and just use Insta for the hobby again ;)

Thats why i have 2 IG accounts on the go! my personal one was swamped with vinyl pics so i set up the spins one for that to allow the other one to be more just me. It’s pretty cool that the app allows you to have multiple accounts on the go on the one device!

Good weekend MoFi friends...
Which protractor and alignment you are using when exchanging cartridges on your MoFi TTs ?
Concerning the pivot to spindle distance there are two figures on Vinyl Engine : 236mm and 237.77mm...
Apparently the latter is coming from MoFi technical services...
I measure 236mm on mine...

I used the universal Baerwald from vinyl engine and split the difference between the two most relevant arcs and lined it up on the grid.

Works great for me, and I'm using a picky stylus. Zero issues.

Last edited:
Good weekend MoFi friends...
Which protractor and alignment you are using when exchanging cartridges on your MoFi TTs ?
Concerning the pivot to spindle distance there are two figures on Vinyl Engine : 236mm and 237.77mm...
Apparently the latter is coming from MoFi technical services...
I measure 236mm on mine...
Geo-Disc
1589722940352.png

Last week my Thorens TD160 died and now after some repairs on it I've come to the conclusion to buy a new one. Now I'm in the dilemma of buying a Rega Planar 6 or the Ultradeck.

Which of the two sound better or are they equally in sound quality?

I don't know if this is the correct topic because I'm asking for a comparison, but I leaning more to the Ultradeck atm....

Back