Mixtape Madness

Mixtape Madness: Love/Loss - This mix is all about love and loss in all its forms.

Like most of you fine folks in the thread, I love to make mixes. I tend to use them as a form of therapy, as a way to unload any feelings or baggage I'm carrying; sort of like a journal entry. The mix I'm submitting for your listening pleasure is not new (sorry). This mix was actually created a while back after a devastating breakup. I've been able to move since then but it was hard and this mix represents the relationship and the emotions whirling around the whole affair.

I uploaded the mix to my Soundcloud so you are able to listen to it as it was intended, fade ins and out and all; plus some of the songs here are not available on Spotify. Hopefully you are all able to enjoy it and will be able to understand just a little of what I am about. Or it will all be melodramatic haha.

Tracklist:

1. The Man Who Sold The World - Midge Ure
2. Scarlett Ribbons - Róisín Murphy
3. All Your Yeahs - Beach Hose
4. Say You Will (feat. Caroline Shaw) - Kanye West
5. Nunca Es Suficiente - Natalia Lafourcade
6. Dansero - Doris Day
7. Komm, süßer Tod - Arianne
8. Interlude: Moving On - Paramore
9. Wuthering Heights - Kate Bush
10. Lo Que Construimos - Natalia Lafourcade
11. How - Regina Spektor
12. Putting The Dog To Sleep - The Antlers
13. Love On The Brain - Rihanna
14. Jóga - Björk
15. I'll Keep Coming - Low Roar

+

P.S. If any backup lists are needed, I've plenty.

Mixtape Madness: Love/Loss - This mix is all about love and loss in all its forms.

Like most of you fine folks in the thread, I love to make mixes. I tend to use them as a form of therapy, as a way to unload any feelings or baggage I'm carrying; sort of like a journal entry. The mix I'm submitting for your listening pleasure is not new (sorry). This mix was actually created a while back after a devastating breakup. I've been able to move since then but it was hard and this mix represents the relationship and the emotions whirling around the whole affair.

I uploaded the mix to my Soundcloud so you are able to listen to it as it was intended, fade ins and out and all; plus some of the songs here are not available on Spotify. Hopefully you are all able to enjoy it and will be able to understand just a little of what I am about. Or it will all be melodramatic haha.

Tracklist:

1. The Man Who Sold The World - Midge Ure
2. Scarlett Ribbons - Róisín Murphy
3. All Your Yeahs - Beach Hose
4. Say You Will (feat. Caroline Shaw) - Kanye West
5. Nunca Es Suficiente - Natalia Lafourcade
6. Dansero - Doris Day
7. Komm, süßer Tod - Arianne
8. Interlude: Moving On - Paramore
9. Wuthering Heights - Kate Bush
10. Lo Que Construimos - Natalia Lafourcade
11. How - Regina Spektor
12. Putting The Dog To Sleep - The Antlers
13. Love On The Brain - Rihanna
14. Jóga - Björk
15. I'll Keep Coming - Low Roar

+

P.S. If any backup lists are needed, I've plenty.
I have had a busy as eff week. I swear I'm going to get to this. I love the different genres you have going on here!

This was a lot harder than I had originally imagined, once I got 40 songs deep at almost 6hrs I had a mid-mixtape crisis and had to restart from scratch and think deeper about what a Mixtape meant to me.

In middle school I was the only one in my neighborhood with an external cd burner, so I would go from friends house to friends house burning cds for our bus rides into school. Those were some fun times but then I got an 120gb ipod and I began to listen to albums from start to finish so my mixtape period pretty much died until I got to college and began taking holiday road trips. Those roadtrip mixtapes were so much fun to put together and each one had a vibe that matched the trip, the one that will always stick out is the Cali road trip mix we put together.

The only song that I wanted to add was Juicy J ~ Name it after me but spotify didn't have it so I had to substitute it for North North pt.2

Thanks for taking the time to take a musical roadtrip with me, I hope you like some of the song's I selected

<3

Last edited:
Since the order is known and not a random drawing, should we just continue on with the next up? Don't want to step on Woob's toes or anything so if we want to wait it's cool, just a thought.
Yes please step all over my toes, I'm sorry I havent been around to keep the schedule a little tighter. I'll update all mixes onto the 1st post when I get a chance.

Looks like @AudioAce is up next

Will post it now and the write up later. These are just songs that make me feel good, happy and full of energy. Tried to get a flow going but in the end i couldn't find a good order so here it is. Enjoy

Listened to this mix all afternoon at work and love it! I had heard of most artists on this list but all but a couple of the songs were new to me. A bunch of the songs have standout bass lines and a great groove and had me moving and dancing along. Anthony's Song is one of my all time favorites so I loved seeing that one on there. Some of my favorite tracks that were new to me were Chelsea, Gronlandic Edit and Dead Man's Party - Live. I'm a big Black Keys fan and know of Dan's side/solo stuff but somehow had never heard My Mind before, damn that song is a jam, so great! Thanks for a great mix!

Back