Mixtape Madness

Gonna start doing these little Spotify playlists regularly for those that are interested. Usually I spend an eternity pulling together songs for my mix playlists. These will be a little different. The are going to consist of pretty much the first 12 songs that pop into my head that I want to hear. Gonna try and be pretty eclectic with these picks. Not sure the frequency I'll do these. Probably daily for a while since I'm seeing fewer new job postings out there right now. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Wow impressed you're dropping in a playlist a day! You should pop by JQBX sometime - and just play tunes in there if you have spotify. There's usually someone in there depending on the time.

On a secondary note, if anyone has 8tracks and haven't been there in a while (like me), they shut down in December 2019 for streaming but you can download all your playlists to spotify and provide you text files for songs that didn't make it over. I used to make a ton and its nice to have them again. I stopped using the site because I have adblockers and they wouldn't let me get around it even after disabling adblock. I'm looking thru and might drop a few in here but majority of them have songs that spotify doesn't have so... i'll drop a few that has most of the original playlist.

Actually here's one I just salvaged. It's probably one of my favorite playlists I've done. This was made 10 years ago in 2010. I was really into the new LA/Philly Beatmaker scene inspired by Dilla that I crafted this playlist to listen to. This is a good mix of Dilla produced tracks / Madlib produced / And new beatmakers that are slightly more electronic. The title itself is obviously a Dilla reference. Unfortunately a bunch of it isn't on Spotify but I kept it in my personal playlist. The playlist is still great without them. Here's the original playlist and I crossed out what isn't on spotify. Highly recommended if you like Dilla and instrumental hip hop.

LIGHTW0RKS!
1. Lightworks by J Dilla * i had the doom version on 8tracks because of the 2 song per artist rule I replaced it back as it was originally*
2. Melt! by Flying Lotus
3. Beat Rock by Dr. Who Dat?
4. Stormy by Madlib
5. Jump Up In The Air And Stay There by Erykah Badu
6. ***Return With Receipt. by Abdul-Aliim.

7. Ill Vibe by Busta Rhymes
8. All Caps by Madvillain
9. Fool by TOKiMONSTA
10. Champion Sound (dirty) by Jaylib
11. Do Yo Thang by Jneiro Jarel
12. So Hardcore by Busta Rhymes
13. Shouts (Alt) by J Dilla
14. Twinkle by Erykah Badu
15. velvet rope by knxwledge
16. Lost (Flying Lotus Remix) by King Midas sound
17. Neon by Harmonic 313
18. Game Over (Dorian Concept remix) by Dabrye