Metal!

wow, that Neurosis/Jarboe is a bit out the blue, that thing is old. It never really did it for me either.

while I'm here being a negative bastard, Baroness never really clicked for me either. God knows I tried but I think it was the vocals that were the real dealbreaker, the whole "we wouldnt mind being famous" vibe gnaws at my craw.

Seeing Sleep tomorrow! Anyone catch the tour so far? Any thoughts?
I saw them last fall! I really like Roeder behind the kit, if his tenure in Neurosis hasn't proved he can do anything needed of him, this absolutely does. Not sure who's opening for them this leg, it was Weather Warlock when I saw them and was a really cool opener that really tied into their pre-show audio tracks.

I saw them last fall! I really like Roeder behind the kit, if his tenure in Neurosis hasn't proved he can do anything needed of him, this absolutely does. Not sure who's opening for them this leg, it was Weather Warlock when I saw them and was a really cool opener that really tied into their pre-show audio tracks.
I saw them last year right before the new album dropped. Just caught them a week and a half back for this tour as well. Was really happy to hear the new stuff live. Big Business opened my show and got the energy going, love a good duo that can fill up a room with their sound. SLEEP was more locked in this time, you can tell they are really finding their groove in the new stuff. Hope you had/have a great time @MattS

Dave Mustaine was diagnosed with Throat Cancer. Regardless of what you think of him as a person he's an icon in Metal and cancer attacking his livelihood really sucks. He seems pretty optimistic about treatment though, and they're still working on their new album, they're just cancelling shows until it's taken care of.

I've seen Megadeth twice and both times he just blew through his setlist, no idle chatter, just song after song, killing it. It was rad.

this thread looks like it needs help

giphy.gif

For the 3 of you who might care... the link below is to my ongoing 2019 metal/stoner album lists. Each album is scored, song-by-song, to result in a final "score." I use that score to determine not just my year-end lists, but whether or not an album is worth buying on vinyl. So the tabs at the bottom are broken into 2019 Metal, 2019 Stoner, then you'll see a bunch of genres. Those are just pre-2019 albums I own on vinyl and have been scoring as I listen to them (this is how I determine what gets sold). I'm not going to go into all of my insane colors, etc. lol. DM if you're curious.

Let me know if this doesn't work (meaning you can't view anything): NoToneStraw's Definitive Metal Album Ratings

@Goatfish and/or @Enaz Fox let me know if this works

For the 3 of you who might care... the link below is to my ongoing 2019 metal/stoner album lists. Each album is scored, song-by-song, to result in a final "score." I use that score to determine not just my year-end lists, but whether or not an album is worth buying on vinyl. So the tabs at the bottom are broken into 2019 Metal, 2019 Stoner, then you'll see a bunch of genres. Those are just pre-2019 albums I own on vinyl and have been scoring as I listen to them (this is how I determine what gets sold). I'm not going to go into all of my insane colors, etc. lol. DM if you're curious.

Let me know if this doesn't work (meaning you can't view anything): NoToneStraw's Definitive Metal Album Ratings

@Goatfish and/or @Enaz Fox let me know if this works

Looks good, boss!

For the lazy, here's what's kicking my dick in for the first half of the year. No order, just my current fave albums per style (out of the ones I own; there are even more that are very much worth your attention). Oh, and one of my criteria is that the album MUST be available on vinyl. Because, who cares about it if you can't hold it?

Black Metal (we're in the middle of the best BM year in 10+; it's going to dominate my year-end list):
  • Funereal Presence (epic)
  • Vanum (epic/atmo)
  • Misthyrming (looks like Misþyrming) (Icelandic/viking)
  • Calyx (epic/Spanish folk)
  • Gardsghastr (symphonic)
  • Sühnopfer (melodic)
  • Dauthuz (looks like Dauþuz) (melodic)
  • Ellende (atmo)
  • Barshashkath (death)
  • Esoctrilihum (death)
  • Evohé (atmo)
  • Handful of Hate (melodic)
  • Sinmara (Icelandic)
  • Sacriliegia (thrashy)
  • Lucifera (thrashy)
  • Dark Messiah (raw)
  • Vimur (melodic)
  • Kampfar (folk/viking)
  • Istapp (folk/viking)
  • Vargrav (melodic)
  • Ultra Silvam (raw/melodic)
  • Wallfahrer (atmo)
  • Wormwitch (melodic)
  • Witchcult (raw) *
*told you it was a massive BM year thus far! 🤘

Death Metal/Thrash:
  • Ossuarium (death/doom)
  • Pig's Blood (OSDM)
  • Fetid (OSDM)
  • Gods Forsaken (thrashy)
  • Dawn of Demise (melo/thrashy)
  • VLTIMAS (modern)
  • Possessed (death/thrash)
  • Obscure Infinity (melo/tech)
  • Musmahhu (blackened)
  • Inculter (thrash)
  • Ravager (speedy thrash)
Clean Vocals Metal:
  • Spirit Adrift (heavy/doom)
  • Haunt (trad/NWOBHM)
  • Gloryhammer (symphonic power)
  • Warrior Path (trad)
  • Magic Circle (heavy/doom)
  • Paragon (power/thrash, aka US power metal)
Stoner/Doom/Heavy Psych: (I may be grumpy here, because I think this is an awful year for the genre thus far; some of the below I don't own on vinyl, but they're available)
  • Asthma Castle (Stoner/Sludge)
  • DEATHCHANT (heavy psych)
  • Thermate (heavy/stoner)
  • Crypt Trip (classic)
  • Tar Pit (doom)
  • High Reeper (stoner metal)
  • Ordos (stoner/doom)
  • The Well (classic)
  • NIXA (out there heavy psych)
  • Kaleidobolt (heavy psych)
  • Hoodoo Ritual (stoner)
  • Silver Devil (stoner)
  • Mother Iron Horse (stoner/sludge)
  • Solar Corona (trippy heavy psych)
  • Warp (doom)
  • Worshipper (occult/stoner)
  • Valley of the Sun (stoner)
This will all probably change by Friday 😅

Was anyone aware of this happening?
I know the album is nails, but if someone picked up the pedal...can I get a review so I know how badly I should feel about missing out on this one.

Missed out on the first pressing a few years back...glad they decided to reissue it...

Youngblood Supercult ‎– The Great American Death Rattle
The Company ‎– THECO-005, 2017/2019

Repress on Black, Red, White Swirl

Pressed at GZ

OIlrrz.jpg

rVlwyI.jpg

Back