Metal!

trying to cancel my pre-order for store credit or something, anything, for exactly that reason.

the new stuff sounded good to great live (Showbox in Seattle has reliably great sound, mostly), but i was completely unprepared for how godawful the recording was. it's inexcusably shitty and almost unbelievable the band would put their name on it and release it, let alone in 4-5 different variants. major bummer.
I checked my order confirmation email from March and it says pre-order sales are final. Let me know if you hear back otherwise.

trying to cancel my pre-order for store credit or something, anything, for exactly that reason.

the new stuff sounded good to great live (Showbox in Seattle has reliably great sound, mostly), but i was completely unprepared for how godawful the recording was. it's inexcusably shitty and almost unbelievable the band would put their name on it and release it, let alone in 4-5 different variants. major bummer.
Wow, I feel more compelled to check this out. Although curious, I've never really delved into Baroness in any real way, to be honest. That said, I am looking forward to the full release, though that may be fueled by the drop dead gorgeous record cover

Wow, I feel more compelled to check this out. Although curious, I've never really delved into Baroness in any real way, to be honest. That said, I am looking forward to the full release, though that may be fueled by the drop dead gorgeous record cover

Blue and Red are their best, IMO. Green & Yellow is good, but I prefer heavier Baroness. Purple is hard to categorize, because like the preview tracks for Gold & Gray, it sounds like it was recorded in an half-empty paint can. It is pretty far from a satisfying listening experience, especially on vinyl.

Blue and Red are their best, IMO. Green & Yellow is good, but I prefer heavier Baroness. Purple is hard to categorize, because like the preview tracks for Gold & Gray, it sounds like it was recorded in an half-empty paint can. It is pretty far from a satisfying listening experience, especially on vinyl.
Agreed with this. There are some great spots on Yellow & Green ("Eula", "Crown & Anchor," "Stretchmarker") but the first two records are essential.

Neurosis & Jarboe - Neurosis & Jarboe

Pressing info:
Silver metallic and black - U.S. & E.U
Red opaque and black - Neurot mailorder exclusive
Red transparent and gold metallic opaque - Deathwish Inc mailorder exclusive
Black - Neurosis tour exclusive
I tried seeking out the red and gold variant, but couldn’t find it on Deathwish’s website. So went with red opaque and black

Back