Remission
Blood Mountain
Crack The Skye

Tier 02 (Great Tier)
The Hunter
Emperor Of Sand

Tier 03 (Still pretty good Tier)
Once More ‘Round The Sun

I still need a copy of Crack The Skye on wax but I have been hoping to find the n of the 45rpm copies at a reasonable price.
Hard to argue with this, though I haven't listened to the last two enough to say. Finishing up Remission right now for the first time in years and I forgot how amazing "Elephant Man" is.

I would probably rank em...

Tier 01 (God Tier)
Leviathan
Remission
Blood Mountain
Crack The Skye

Tier 02 (Great Tier)
The Hunter
Emperor Of Sand

Tier 03 (Still pretty good Tier)
Once More ‘Round The Sun

I still need a copy of Crack The Skye on wax but I have been hoping to find the n of the 45rpm copies at a reasonable price.
I remember really liking OMATS.
Haven't listened in a while but I might eliminate the tier all its own and lump it in with EOS.

Hard to argue with this, though I haven't listened to the last two enough to say. Finishing up Remission right now for the first time in years and I forgot how amazing "Elephant Man" is.
The more I listen to the new ones the more I enjoy them. Obviously from Remission they started to get more progressive and less sludgey steadily. At first that bothered me. I wanted more heavy sludgey stuff, but then I just adjusted to the band. I do really enjoy progressive hard rock, so I had to look at the albums through that lens instead of what I viewed as what Mastodon was "supposed" to sound like.

MEPHISTOFELES FANS @Surrural
New EP plus I’m Heroin and Satan Sex Ceremonies represses!
Also available on bandcamp but the silver of the new ep is only on the site still!!!!

You ever order from Shadowrecords? Thinking about grabbing all 3 Mephistofeles releases.

Majestic Mass is another great repress they got up as well!

You ever order from Shadowrecords? Thinking about grabbing all 3 Mephistofeles releases.

Majestic Mass is another great repress they got up as well!

I have not. This is the first time Meph has worked with them as well. I was hoping they were going to add the 3 new songs onto I’m Heroin that they did the digital recently... turns out those 3 songs are the EP anyways 💀

I have not. This is the first time Meph has worked with them as well. I was hoping they were going to add the 3 new songs onto I’m Heroin that they did the digital recently... turns out those 3 songs are the EP anyways 💀

Yeah, they're all over the place it seems haha. Hopefully they're solid at packaging here because I ended up going with all 3. Can't really beat $30 a piece for Meph with there crazy ass discogs prices.

When that remaster came out earlier this year I knew a release would come eventually and thought they'd just do a deluxe as well like the tape that already came out but this works as well! Thanks again for posting it, I would have probably missed it otherwise as I still haven't heard anything about these releases outside of your post.

Thanks again for posting it, I would have probably missed it otherwise as I still haven't heard anything about these releases outside of your post.
I’m happy I found it to be honest. Was scrolling bandcamp while burning last night and came across it. Almost bought the black as the silver was already sold out but checked the label site and was stoked. Happy you got one!

A friend recently asked me about my favorite metal albums (shout out @Colonel_Angus). So naturally, I made a list because who doesn’t fucking love lists?

Figured I’d post it up for the metal denizens to check out and throw spiked bracelets at. Also, list your favorites so you can be judged. And so I can check out new stuff.

Not necessarily the objective best albums from a particular artist, just mah faves:

Týr’s fave metal albums:

1) Marduk - Le Grande Danse Macabre

2) Behemoth - The Satanist

3) Satanic Warmaster - Carelian Satanist Madness

4) Proclamation - Nether Tombs of Abaddon

5) Deathspell Omega - Paracletus

6) Sacrificio - self titled

7) Gorgoroth - Quantos Possunt Ad Satanitatem

8) Behemoth - Zos Kia Cvltvs

9) Saint Vitus - Born Too Late

10) Amon Amarth - With Oden On Our Side

This entire performance is excellent! Some of the cleanest audio for a metal band I’ve ever seen. Sound and lighting engineers did a stellar job. Plus it’s always fun to see orchestral musicians head banging.

Back