Metal!

Got this today from the Company. I ordered some stuff to try to help, all their stuff is solid.

So this is what I’ve listened to so far this month. The asterisk indicates first listen and the number is for how many times i listened to it. I’ll continue to update this as I go on.

80C75EEC-74D0-4034-A405-CB5C6C0ECE57.jpeg

I didn’t put an asterisk next to Judicator because I didn’t finish it. I stopped after the second track. It wasn’t for me. I almost didn’t make it through Persistence Of Time because the music sounded very repetitive.
Everything else I enjoyed.

At 9am PST /12noon EST Metallica's having its GARAGE SALE...thats in like 5 minutes.

Email I got says there will be limited Vinyl available at the Met Store.

The Garage Sale Returns!
Our favorite annual store event, the Garage Sale, returns on Monday at 9 AM PST!

Be in the Met Store at 9 AM sharp for the chance to get your hands on the last pieces of limited-edition products including S&M2 vinyl, foil variant posters, Metallica Mondays TV Tour T-Shirts, and more!

We’re of course bringing back the mystery t-shirts, plus dozens of products are dropping down to clearance prices - you won’t want to miss it!

As usual, lucky random orders will receive prizes including used guitar strings, commemorative guitar picks, and autographed Through the Never lithograph prints!

Stock and prizes available while supplies last, so don’t wait - they’ll go quick!​

Metallica says Ltd. Vinyl available in the store in 5 min.
Fyi.

So this is what I’ve listened to so far this month. The asterisk indicates first listen and the number is for how many times i listened to it. I’ll continue to update this as I go on.

View attachment 84956

I didn’t put an asterisk next to Judicator because I didn’t finish it. I stopped after the second track. It wasn’t for me. I almost didn’t make it through Persistence Of Time because the music sounded very repetitive.
Everything else I enjoyed.
Starting off with 2 King Diamonds AND my fave Mercyful Fate albums.... strong!

I dig this

Does anyone know why the track listing for Leviathan is different for vinyl?
AJBw6Lv.jpg

Spinning mine for the first time and not hearing “I Am Ahab” after “Blood and Thunder” threw me for a few second mind fuck. Like I thought I had a mispress for a minute there, until I decided to check the back of the jacket.

...why?

Does anyone know why the track listing for Leviathan is different for vinyl?
AJBw6Lv.jpg

Spinning mine for the first time and not hearing “I Am Ahab” after “Blood and Thunder” threw me for a few second mind fuck. Like I thought I had a mispress for a minute there, until I decided to check the back of the jacket.

...why?

from my understanding it was the label being cheap and not wanting to push it to 1.5x-2xLP. Moved tracks to squeeze it onto the one.

from my understanding it was the label being cheap and not wanting to push it to 1.5x-2xLP. Moved tracks to squeeze it onto the one.
Thanks.
It was an alright experience over all.
A few key transitional moments weren’t there, but I’ll still be spinnin’ it plenty.

Also, since I’ve come to learn that you are pretty knowledgeable in all things Matt Pike, where should I head next after Electric Messiah? I was sort of planning to work backwards, unless you’d recommend a different path. Appreciate any and all help. ✌️

Thanks.
It was an alright experience over all.
A few key transitional moments weren’t there, but I’ll still be spinnin’ it plenty.

Also, since I’ve come to learn that you are pretty knowledgeable in all things Matt Pike, where should I head next after Electric Messiah? I was sort of planning to work backwards, unless you’d recommend a different path. Appreciate any and all help. ✌️

if you like the production on Messiah I think you’re doing it right. Further back you go the less polished things get. Snakes for the Divine was my entry point (they opened for Mastodon and Dethklok) and how I was introduced to Matt. I think that’s a pretty pivotal album in the sound change. 🤘🤘 keep us updated!

if you like the production on Messiah I think you’re doing it right. Further back you go the less polished things get. Snakes for the Divine was my entry point (they opened for Mastodon and Dethklok) and how I was introduced to Matt. I think that’s a pretty pivotal album in the sound change. 🤘🤘 keep us updated!
Not sure if you need any of these, but I just saw there are some new represses of four albums on their band camp.

I’m grabbing Electric Messiah, and maybe one more. Thinking Snakes For The Divine or Luminiferous. Not sure what to think of the glow in the dark vinyl.

Oh, and just finished my first listen of Snakes For The Divine. It’s killer. Some of those solos were *chef’s kiss.*

Last edited:
Not sure if you need any of these, but I just saw there are some new represses of four albums on their band camp.

I’m grabbing Electric Messiah, and maybe one more. Thinking Snakes For The Divine or Luminiferous. Not sure what to think of the glow in the dark vinyl.

Oh, and just finished my first listen of Snakes For The Divine. It’s killer. Some of those solos were *chef’s kiss.*
Id pick up that Snakes (it’s purrrrrdy) and then this press of Luminiferous people seem to keep reasonably priced on cogs. High On Fire - Luminiferous: 2xLP, Album, Ltd, Red For Sale | Discogs

Gojiras Ltd. color mock-up looks sweet.
Posted the link in the pre-order thread too.

1613617873139.png

Yeah they will let you know right when it’s declined or it auto declines in 3 days.
Hmm, strange. Still haven’t heard or seen anything.

Anywho, just finishing up my first listen of Death Is This Communion, and holy shit! Easily my favorite High on Fire album thus far. I’m just diggin’ the whole vibe of the album and the songs themselves are outstanding.

I’d rank them this way, from what I’ve listened to:
1. Death Is This Communion
2. Electric Messiah
3. Snakes For The Divine
4. Luminiferous

I’ve really enjoyed them all though. Plan on doing Blessed Black Wings next unless I end up playing guitar.

EDIT - is it possible that they will do some new variants of their earlier albums at some point in he future? Haha, I’m looking on Discogs right now at all of them.

Last edited:
Back