May 2022 Vinyl Spin Challenge - A Crash Course for the Ravers

No, a UK 80's pressing. Probably late 1984 pressing (different Epic logo on inner label). Sounds nice.

Nice! I have a first pressing UK and it's really nice too. If it wasn't for the crackle, it would be perfect. Abbey Road did a pretty good job on the box set remaster, but it doesn't match the UK's mastering.

Nice! I have a first pressing UK and it's really nice too. If it wasn't for the crackle, it would be perfect. Abbey Road did a pretty good job on the box set remaster, but it doesn't match the UK's mastering.
Yes, those early pressing sounds really nice. Amazing something that they pressed thousands and thousands of copies of sounded so good, and yet today it feels like half the new records have their spindle hole off centre and the other half have non-fill

Day 14 - The Jean Genie
New York's a go-go and everything tastes right
Play something that is about New York or related to it

Sometimes the first thing that pops into your head, even if it's obvious, really is the best answer.

The ultimate unconditional love letter to New York, warts and all.

Lou tells it like it is in his best Stanley Cup mullet...

Lou Reed - New York

20220506_024203.jpg

Day 14 - The Jean Genie

Sometimes the first thing that pops into your head, even if it's obvious, really is the best answer.

The ultimate unconditional love letter to New York, warts and all.

Lou tells it like it is in his best Stanley Cup mullet...

Lou Reed - New York

View attachment 139006

I would have been disappointed in you if you had not played this album @Yer Ol' Uncle D

Hello, hello, hello!
Seems a biiiiiiiit late to the challenge, gonna try to catch-up.
I apologize in advance if I play something that's already been picked, I'm feeling too lazy to go through 16 pages of, obviously, amazing choices.

Day 1 - Lazarus
Look up here, I’m in heaven
Play something by an artist who had a 2nd career, chance or just a long time between albums.

Going with a CD for this one.
Peter Garrett ran for a seat in the Australian House of Representatives on the Labor Party ticket in 2004 and won. He served in that office for nine years, and was the Minister for Environment Protection, Heritage and the Arts for three of those years. He later served as Minister for School Education, Early Childhood and Youth for another three years.

Midnight Oil - 20000 watt r.s.l.

9AFF4692-1415-4986-8BDA-89033B8125A8.jpeg

Hello, hello, hello!
Seems a biiiiiiiit late to the challenge, gonna try to catch-up.
I apologize in advance if I play something that's already been picked, I'm feeling too lazy to go through 16 pages of, obviously, amazing choices.

Day 1 - Lazarus
Look up here, I’m in heaven
Play something by an artist who had a 2nd career, chance or just a long time between albums.

Going with a CD for this one.
Peter Garrett ran for a seat in the Australian House of Representatives on the Labor Party ticket in 2004 and won. He served in that office for nine years, and was the Minister for Environment Protection, Heritage and the Arts for three of those years. He later served as Minister for School Education, Early Childhood and Youth for another three years.

Midnight Oil - 20000 watt r.s.l.

View attachment 139022
Only 13 more to go!

Funny thing is hardly anyone actually played the song/album that the clues are from.

Day 14: The Jean Genie

The Beastie Boys - To The 5 Burroughs
427C9DA6-1022-4206-ADEB-0A04DF9B94DB.jpeg
I have plenty of albums with songs about NYC, and plenty of bands/artists from NYC or albums that were recorded in NYC but I think the only two albums I have that are explicitly dedicated to NYC are Lou Reed’s New York and this, The Beastie Boys love letter to their hometown.

Last edited:
Day 14 - The Jean Genie

Simon and Garfunkel- Bridge Over Trouble Water

1DEFD7A0-EC22-45D0-9197-C5AFB58B128E.jpeg
Pretty much every Simon and Garfunkel album reminds me of New York, but this one song definitely is it.

Back