May 2022 Vinyl Spin Challenge - A Crash Course for the Ravers

Day 12 - Ashes to Ashes
Play a record connected in some way to the record you played yesterday

I picked this one because it is also on SRC Vinyl - but remembered that they are also an Illinois band, the same as Mudvayne.

Chevelle – Wonder What's Next
SRC Vinyl/Epic – SRC041, 2002/2014

2 LP w/ bonus tracks

Pressed at United

Cv1nV2.jpg

FyIXP2.jpg

Day 12 - Ashes to Ashes
Do you remember a guy / that's been In such an early song?

The Church - Starfish

405C8239-2999-4BD0-9F56-8217F3C70318.jpeg

Yesterday I played one of my favorite bands Stars. Today I'm playing Starfish, including one of my favorite 80's songs Under the Milky Way

Day 12 - Ashes to Ashes

Charlie Sexton played guitar on Car Wheels on a Gravel Road, and is also featured on this album.

Bob Dylan ~ Rough & Rowdy Ways

1652372356153.png

@jamieanderson1968 Has someone done this theme before? It's a simple, neat idea. I like. I had no idea this was coming up when I played DSOTM yesterday but the follow-up was obvious for me. Had to take this DSOTM cover LP out of the closet storage bin but I think I'll keep it out in the cubes. It's a really awesome cover and a great pressing too. Glad you made me dig this out.

Day 12 - Ashes to Ashes

Like the record from yesterday, this LP was released in 1972.

The Persuasions - Spread the Word

Attachments

• D1FD1847-7EE9-41C0-8808-86E2086D8731.jpeg
    D1FD1847-7EE9-41C0-8808-86E2086D8731.jpeg
    220.6 KB · Views: 2
@jamieanderson1968 Has someone done this theme before? It's a simple, neat idea. I like. I had no idea this was coming up when I played DSOTM yesterday but the follow-up was obvious for me. Had to take this DSOTM cover LP out of the closet storage bin but I think I'll keep it out in the cubes. It's a really awesome cover and a great pressing too. Glad you made me dig this out.
I did with my challenge last year as well. I think I spread that one over 3 days. I would love to try and do it for a longer stretch sometime, on someone else's challenge. It is probably pretty easy to do using jazz albums as you can connect the musicians.

I did with my challenge last year as well. I think I spread that one over 3 days. I would love to try and do it for a longer stretch sometime, on someone else's challenge. It is probably pretty easy to do using jazz albums as you can connect the musicians.
I love this too.
I almost went a full month with that sort of direction for my last challenge thread. I had about half a month of ideas filled out and it got pretty tough to find new ways to connect albums, so I did the games challenge instead.

A thread like that could exist on its own. Pop in and play something connected to the last album posted...it could go on for years.

Day 11: Space Oddity
Halsey
- Badlands

View attachment 138691
Day 12: Ashes to Ashes

The Notorious B.I.G.
- Juicy

0E6F7FE2-3075-4A1B-A4A4-212375B342BA.jpeg

Halsey name-dropped Biggie on the hook of “New Americana” and interpolated “Juicy Fruit” (the song “Juicy” sampled in case you don’t know somehow) on the bridge.

Day 12 - Ashes to Ashes

Fettes Brot - Aussen Top Hits Innen Geschmack
Since i did not plan in advance properly, it was difficult to come up with something, so I went for ( i think) the only other album I own which has silverfish in the song title, albeit this time in german with " Silberfische in meinem Bett" . The album is one of my favorite German hip hop albums which probably destroys my credibility with fans of german hop hop.
1652390135980.png

Back