May 2020 Record Challenge Thread (PRIZE RAFFLE AT THE END!)

Day 21: An Album to get Drunk To
Craig Finn-I Need A New War

Finally off work so I can enjoy a drink! I'll follow @4080 's idea as something about Craig's voice puts me in some dive bar pounding down beers.View attachment 48280

Cheers!

He's just a fantastic stroy teller! He's one of those artists that I can listen to over and over and never get tired of hearing what he has to say!

Day 22 - First Album Alphabetically

Ages and Ages - Divisionary

An underrated little album. I love melodic harmonies and since each of the 7 members in this band sing on this album, it is the harmoniest of harmonies. I had always missed this band when they came around, but finally caught them at Forecastle Fest in 2017, I believe. Luckily, too, because I think a few band members left after that.

Our Demons and Divisionary (Do The Right Thing) always get me hummin along.
C376161D-BE1A-4C28-A8D8-AB5264190B0B.jpeg

Day 22: First album in collection (alphabetically)

I organize using "Discogs alphabetization", but with some custom changes...."Weird Al" should be in the "W's" - not before the numbers and "A" section.

The 13th Floor Elevators ‎– The Psychedelic Sounds Of The 13th Floor Elevators
Sundazed Music ‎– LP 5218, 1966/~2012

Mono

Pressed at Rainbo

JAqOqm.jpg

hzeGTs.jpg

*The Rainbo runout job code dates to 2012

AC/DC ‎– Highway To Hell (Atlantic, 1979 First UK Pressing)

This might be blasphemous but I actually have a strange order to my collection, with Club releases, rap, jazz, world music being ordered together, then everything else being ordered separately. So, choosing from the 'everything else' collection, AC/DC are my first alphabetically. I distinctly remember blaring this album out of my speakers as a teenager, its an album that never gets old in my opinion. Killer stuff all the way through!

IMG_7194.JPG

Day 22: First album alphabetically
24-Karat Black - Gone: The Promises of Yesterday
From Numero Group: This release was made possible after the people at Numero Group found some original tapes decaying in Bruce Thompson's basement below the South side of Chicago, while hunting for a 45 produced by Thompson. Out of the 20 tracks found, only those 6 hadn't flaked off their reels. Some of them all were written by Warren as far back as 1965. A3 was issued in 1968 and produced under the name Bobbie Dee, which was one of Robert Dunson's pseudonym.

IMG_1080.jpg

I organize using "Discogs alphabetization", but with some custom changes...."Weird Al" should be in the "W's" - not before the numbers and "A" section.

The 13th Floor Elevators ‎– The Psychedelic Sounds Of The 13th Floor Elevators
Sundazed Music ‎– LP 5218, 1966/~2012

Mono

Pressed at Rainbo

JAqOqm.jpg

hzeGTs.jpg

*The Rainbo runout job code dates to 2012

1590181490945.gif

Guess I'll have to go with my second album then...

Back