March 2021 Challenge Thread

March 2: It might be cool outside but it's about to get warm all up in my jazz. Play a Jazz album.

Joe Henderson - Page One

A50F5A34-AB17-4D42-9740-3077C62E546E.jpeg

This was the first of the Treasures of Blue Note series from 2008 that I got. I thought it sounded really good and I got hooked, so I ended up getting all of them over time.

March 01: It's Monday. Play something to get you excited for the week
Prince - Originals
B818493D-6FB1-4353-974D-62CAC6600283.jpeg

This is a great set. Prince wrote so many hits for other artists it feels like a perfect covers album even though he wrote all the songs. My main reason for playing it is for his version of “Manic Monday”, I think I still prefer The Bangles version overall (my mom was a big Bangles fan) but Prince’s version is still top notch. Also, my work week consists of 4 ten hour days Wednesday through Saturday so Today is my “Monday” if you’re one of those people that ascribed to the notion that first work day is your “Monday”.

Last edited:
March 02: It might be cool outside but it's about to get warm all up in my jazz. Play a Jazz album.
Clark Terry Quintet - Serenade To A Bus Seat

37A8DAD2-19BC-4148-9E9D-310532FAD0E7.jpeg
I wanna say I wanna say I learned about this LP via r/JazzVinyl. It’s a great album and can be had for relatively cheap. I think I picked up my copy off eBay for around $15. Worth checking out if you’re a fan of Hard Bop.

March 3: World Wildlife Day - Play something that refers to non-domesticated animals.

King Gizzard and the Lizard Lizard - KG

Some people have lizards of all sorts as pets. Though not truly domesticated, they are docile enough to keep around your house. Know what’s not docile, though? The Hungry Wolf of Fate. Very non-domesticated. And very hungry.

F5F0A040-4AAA-4FA2-B3F7-9B4233DB8B81.jpeg

March 03: World Wildlife Day - Play something that refers to non-domesticated animals.
toe - The Book About My Idle Plot On A Vague Anxiety

View attachment 90317
I am unsure what type of animal is on the cover, probably a deer or some other type of cervid but it doesn’t appear to be a domesticated type regardless.

I believe it is a Sika Deer.

Is yours warped? I have two copies and they are both super warped. Playable but cringe inducing.

Back