March 2021 Challenge Thread

LeeVing

Almost every day has some official or odd holiday attached to it - I'm including some here if I could find something that could fit with them
- some were a bit much to attempt to link to an album. Some other days are a greatest hits of my past challenges.

The "rules"

This isn't a contest or competition. You can't win and won't be eliminated.
Interpret each topic in your own way
Try to play something that hasn't been played for that day.
Catch up if you miss some days.
Don't be shy about telling stories about your selection, and yet don't feel you have to elaborate on anything you post
Have fun!

March 1: It's Monday. Play something to get you excited for the week.

March 2: It might be cool outside but it's about to get warm all up in my jazz. Play a Jazz album.

March 3: World Wildlife Day - Play something that refers to non-domesticated animals.

March 4: Play something that that surprised you. Either you really liked it or really hated it.

March 5: What's in the box???? Play a box set - or 1 album from a box set.

March 6: National Day of Unplugging - Play an album that is acoustic or very nearly so.

March 7: Soundtrack Sunday!!!

March 8: International Women's Day - We love women, play something that is from a woman, or from women, or is about a woman, or is about women.

March 9: Daft Punk just announced their break-up as I am writing this. Play some Electronic music in their honor.

March 10: IT'S A LIMITED EDITION!!! Play something marketed at limited.

March 11: Johnny Appleseed Day - Play something that refers to apples...or any other fruits.

March 12: Genealogy Day - Play something your grandparents would have liked...or at least tolerated.

March 13: National K-9 Veterans Day - We love dogs, play something with an image of a dog, song about a dog, dogs barking.

March 14: National Pi Day - Play some Math Rock - or something associated with numbers.

March 15: The Ides of March - play an album that marked the beginning of the end for a band

March 16: Forgotten FOMO - play something that FOMO made you buy, but haven't really listened to much.

March 17: St. Patrick's Day - The luck of the Irish...play something Irish...or Green.

March 18: That new record smell. Play a recently opened album.

March 19: I'm Feeling Pretty today...Play a record with the prettiest, coolest, most interesting color combination.

March 20: First Day of Spring - Play an album that reminds you of the Spring season.

March 21: National Teenager Day - Play something from your teen years.

March 22: Metal Monday. Play some metal. \m/

March 23: The GOAT - Play your favorite Greatest Hits album - or a compilation from a single artist.

March 24: National Cocktail Day - Play an album to drink to....or just drink and play something you like.

March 25: Sober Up. Play something to recover from a hangover.

March 26: Make Up Your Own Holiday Day - Make up your own reason to play something.

March 27: Soundtrack Saturday!!!

March 28: It's my Birthday - Play an album you think I'd like...or something you just think I should hear.

March 29: National Mom and Pop Business Owners Day - Play an album you got from your local Mom and Pop record store.

March 30: Best of 2021 - Play your favorite new album of the year. (New release or new to you...either is fine)

(I will allow people to have the same pick as others for this day's theme.)

March 31: World Backup Day - Play the album you have multiple copies of.

Last edited:
I’ll only play if there are eliminations...😜

giphy.gif

Fell off of the February challenge the week we had that nasty winter storm in Texas. Excited to start fresh for March.

March 1: It's Monday. Play something to get you excited for the week.

John Prine - Sweet Revenge

This weekend, the wife and I are travelling to the country to camp at her dad’s dear lease. Looking forward to drinking beer, shooting guns (not at anything living), and riding the four wheeler. So I think I’ll play some country music in anticipation.

64C8C81C-5307-4417-84BD-34F899A882C6.jpeg

Day 1: Monday Music

Not sure I'll be able to make each day on this thread this month, but I'll pop in where I can. That being said, this album is hitting the spot. Been a busy morning with work and having a few minutes free to slow down, listen to this, and catch up is just what I needed.

Mavis Staples ~ Mavis Staples

1614626966386.png

Back