March 2021 Challenge Thread

March 1: It's Monday. Play something to get you excited for the week.

Rachael & Vilray - Rachael & Vilray

After a crazy busy day at work, I'm listening to this one to unwind a little bit and get myself ready for the rest of the week.

This is pretty fantastic. I'd never heard of them. Good Sunday morning vibes.

This is pretty fantastic. I'd never heard of them. Good Sunday morning vibes.

Glad you're enjoying it! I was already a Lake Street Dive fan (Rachael is Rachael Price from LSD), and loved the S/T Blossom Dearie release, so when I saw @Lee Newman recommend this album if you like those two I jumped all over it! Still owe this discovery to him haha

March 2: It might be cool outside but it's about to get warm all up in my jazz. Play a Jazz album.

Blossom Dearie - Blossom Dearie

And since I just mentioned it, I've been playing this one a lot lately too. Just play Blossom and Rachael & Vilray back to back over and over again and you're good haha

March 2: It might be cool outside but it's about to get warm all up in my jazz. Play a Jazz album.

What I hear is that I was given an excuse to play a Christmas album in March (I needed to playtest it anyway after cleaning). Thank you!

To be fair to me, it's cold and windy here today and this is the warmest thing in my house right now.

A Charlie Brown Christmas - Vince Guaraldi Trio

PXL_20210302_154237319.jpg

March 1: It's Monday. Play something to get you excited for the week.

Lorde - Pure Heroine

We’ll never be royals. Doesn’t run in our blood. I ordered this online and then saw it at my loca for a month while I waited for my copy. It happens. I played this as I crafted tiki drinks from an app I just bought.

DB5E7565-17A8-4D9C-AD29-F7C5C6F1BAC2.jpeg

Grant Green - Grant’s First Stand

Heard his guitar on the Babyface Willette album from the Tone Poet series and really liked it. I snagged this album and really like it. I’m gonna grab another soon and I’m sure I’ll really like it.

AE302BAF-0634-4967-8EC6-7A8BF17AD102.jpeg

Back