March 2021 Challenge Thread

Day 25 - Sober up

I think I finally figured out the best hangover cure in my 30s (don’t get hammered at all because young children have zero respect for the hungover). Still, I listen to ambient music most mornings, so that’s what I’m going with here (this particular record is not the most relaxing ambient, but it’s a new release that needs more spins).

E1BA206E-591E-4865-8A11-4E8272993661.jpeg

March 25: Sober Up. Play something to recover from a hangover.

I don't know if this is really good for a hangover or not...

Arcade Fire With Owen Pallett ‎– Her
Milan ‎– 19439832641, 2013/2021

Mondo Exclusive Red Marble variant

Cut by Joe Nino-Hernes at Sterling
Pressed at MPO

wMwUME.jpg

G4WnWd.jpg

How does yours sound? I got a white copy and it probably had the most surface noise of any new record I've ever heard, even after an enzyme clean :oops:. Thankfully I ordered from Amazon - I might just throw in the towel on this release if they all sound somewhat bad. The white general release was so far beyond my noise threshold that it's hard to imagine getting a reasonable copy. Not really a fan of MPO.

How does yours sound? I got a white copy and it probably had the most surface noise of any new record I've ever heard, even after an enzyme clean :oops:. Thankfully I ordered from Amazon - I might just throw in the towel on this release if they all sound somewhat bad. The white general release was so far beyond my noise threshold that it's hard to imagine getting a reasonable copy. Not really a fan of MPO.

It's not bad. Some surface noise in parts, but not constant.

Cleaning did help a bit.

March 26: Make Up Your Own Holiday Day - Make up your own reason to play something.

I finished my week of work already and am taking next week off...so I'm on vacation. With nothing planned, except for some cleaning of The Basement. Too many records that need filed away, shipping boxes that need to be taken outside, new records to listen to.

One reason we bought this house is that this basement is under the living room / kitchen, so sound doesn't really bother my wife and daughter sleeping. Not that I play anything too loud, but it doesn't have to be quiet.

Wu-Tang Clan ‎– Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
RCA/Loud Records/Wu-Tang Records ‎– 07863 66336-1, 1993/~2016

Cut by Matthew Barnhart at Chicago Mastering Service
Pressed at MRP

OTP4m4.jpg

h6NWKm.jpg

March 26: Make Up Your Own Holiday Day - Make up your own reason to play something.

Celebrating Science & Vaccines

On March 26, 1953, American medical researcher Dr. Jonas Salk announces on a national radio show that he has successfully tested a vaccine against poliomyelitis, the virus that causes the crippling disease of polio.

Sleep ‎– The Sciences

PXL_20210326_154549865.jpg

Well I'm writing this at one or so and thus far a ton of people got skunked on both an Target pre-order for Animal Crossing goodies and the One-Step pre-order for the mailing list folks. So today's is going to be "The Internet Ordering System Is Broken" day, and I will be playing a record where I had an unexpected experience and ended up with two duplicate orders of a record due to Zia's system not actually registering my first order but sending it out.

As an aside, a Ltd. Ed of 300 for a well regard artist of one of her best records still being at retail is kind of insane to me.

Neko Case - Middle Cyclone (Zia Exclusive, Opaque Maroon)

PXL_20210326_164950931.jpg

Back