Magnolia Record Club

would be an insta swap as my loyalty to Colemine is my most fervent.

I have debated about restarting my Secretly member becuase they have 3 solid months in Japanese Breakfast, Faye Webster and Durand. The moment I do this though it will be record of the month, I still think it is likely we get Yola for July.

My cancelled Magnolia AotM should be in. Given how much people seem to be digging Manchester Orchestra's most recent I'm not too mad.

Also, Mouserat IG Update, it seems like it's gonna be The Awesome Album, seven songs and I am presuming 5000 Candles in the wind. They probably need to either add more for a full album or maybe do an original on one side and covers on the other? Either way I'm sufficiently hyped for Wednesday.

This is a toughy. I never listened to my cd very much and need to not spend so much on records so I think I’m gonna pass. But man it’s tempting.

This is a toughy. I never listened to my cd very much and need to not spend so much on records so I think I’m gonna pass. But man it’s tempting.

I feel like Magnolia is everyday becoming more and more a place to to push Dualtone's back catalog. Most of their exclusives now, are also the most boring variant out there as well.

Don't blame you at all. I'm kind of at the point where I'm keeping it for the early access to sales/exclusives and occasional trade worth hitting on (the Shakey Graves 2LP is still cheaper via the club than it is at retail for instance and the variant is gorgeous) and the month to month skip. They really have a lot to work on between the curation, lack of connection between store and club, pricing level for what you get, etc. It's not really a good sign when Magnolia has legitimately great exclusives and then the club members don't end up with those even as a swaption.

I swapped and haven’t got a shipping notice yet
I had to follow up on this because on my member portal, all the orders were interspersed with a bunch of php code errors. Got an email today that they just forgot to ship my order and would be putting my "album of the month" in the mail Priority ASAP. No idea what will be in the box. I also got an email telling me my sub had been cancelled. So, I think they have some issues in old Magnolia HQ...

I had to follow up on this because on my member portal, all the orders were interspersed with a bunch of php code errors. Got an email today that they just forgot to ship my order and would be putting my "album of the month" in the mail Priority ASAP. No idea what will be in the box. I also got an email telling me my sub had been cancelled. So, I think they have some issues in old Magnolia HQ...
That was my March experience. Order lost and then fulfilled after email in two packages. Then April I skipped and got a record anyway. Definitely some weirdness with their portal but they made it right in the end at least

Last edited:
I signed up for this club and got my first record today, Machester Orchestra, which has a clicking throughout the last track on side A. Reached out to CS, hopefully they can take care of it.

Back