Magnolia Record Club

THIS MONTH'S ADD-ON: CEREUS BRIGHT​

1619874243779.jpeg

We’re thrilled to offer our members the new album by Cereus Bright, Give Me Time, on exclusive grey and black splatter vinyl!​

What in the actual fuck?
I’m actually mad about this to be honest. There are so many records they could have done exclusives of and they pick this for ROTM. I don’t care if Jimmy Fallon heard it in a hardware store or that Thad Cockrell almost gave up music because this album wasn’t noticed when it came out.

Last edited:
That would be a great pick if I didn’t preorder it. Still waiting on it from the USPS. It’s a really good album. Do you know if they will let you swap for stuff in the store?
Who knows? They were supposed to swap Courtney Marie Andrews for me but didn’t, so I’m hesitant to do anything outside of the portal. I never swap so I can usually find something. This is very disappointing though.

Who knows? They were supposed to swap Courtney Marie Andrews for me but didn’t, so I’m hesitant to do anything outside of the portal. I never swap so I can usually find something. This is very disappointing though.
I would be interested in that Liza Anne, Busted Jukebox 3, Matt Kearney, or Judah and The Lion Spirit. The Cereus Bright looks good though.

I put in a swap for Shakey but am seriously debating a skip just because of that RotM choice. A lot of good, new albums and notable back catalog options and they rehash a discovery track choice from the last twelve months? That's just really embarrassing.

As a new member a couple months ago, I had never heard of Thad Cockrell so I looked him up on Spotify and thought I had the wrong album because it was released last year. Nope, it’s the right one. Listened to it and it’s a hard pass. Super disappointing but at least I’ll be able to pick between Manchester Orchestra now that it’s out and I’ll have a chance to listen (swapped last month for Schultz) and Parker Millsap. Hope this ROTM isn’t a trend or I’ll be a very short-lived member. Discovery pick seems decent from what I can tell, though, so that’s a win. Actually, the discovery picks I’ve seen so far are pretty good.

Back