Magnolia Record Club

1648663015317.png

profile_mask2.png

Magnolia Record Club via ksd1.klaviyomail.com​

Mon, Mar 28, 2:37 PM (2 days ago)
to me

Hi members,
We are writing to let you know that there will be a price increase beginning April 1st. This is the first time we have increased prices since Magnolia Record Club’s inception and we do not take this decision lightly. We have been humbled by the support you have shown Magnolia over these last few years and are thrilled at the excitement around our artist community.
Our shipping costs have gone up roughly 23% and the cost of our boxes recently jumped 19%. In addition, the labels from which we source exclusive colors and products from have increased their wholesale pricing. All of these factors have lead us to have to make the decision to raise our prices as to the following rates.
From everyone here at Magnolia, thank you! For your understanding, your ongoing support, and for allowing us to continue to deliver hand-picked vinyl to your door.
Domestic
Monthly - $30
3-month - $87
6-month - $175
12-month - $336
Add-On
Artist Discovery - $25
International
Monthly - $50
3-month - $147
12-month - $576
Everyone that is in the middle of a 3-month or 12-month package will be able to finish out the current term at the original price. Keep in mind that the 6-month subscription type is only available as a gift subscription.
Again, thank you for your ongoing support! Please let us know here if you have any questions or concerns.
I understand the price increase and don't blame them, but it makes my decision to not renew a little easier.

I understand the price increase and don't blame them, but it makes my decision to not renew a little easier.

Same here. $30 shipped for the albums they're getting with $25 for Discovery is a tough sell and those discounts do not scale well (an annual plan for $28/month).

Does the shipping costs going up 23% make sense? Has Media Mail really jumped 23%? I don't blame them for some kind of increase of course, I just find the rationale interesting.

Some one should point out to them that three months is cheaper than six.
Same here. $30 shipped for the albums they're getting with $25 for Discovery is a tough sell and those discounts do not scale well (an annual plan for $28/month).

Does the shipping costs going up 23% make sense? Has Media Mail really jumped 23%? I don't blame them for some kind of increase of course, I just find the rationale interesting.
I don’t think shipping has gone up. I bet discovery has made their shipping cost increase, but I don’t think media mail itself has.

Some one should point out to them that three months is cheaper than six.

I don’t think shipping has gone up. I bet discovery has made their shipping cost increase, but I don’t think media mail itself has.
It couldn't have increased it by any more than a dollar at least on postal costs. I haven't been a member in sometime. If they would branch out more than maybe I would consider it but I am fine in just getting what I want from that store. I can usually find a coupon code as well to make it cheaper so there is that. I just feel like most of their records these days are records where there are already twenty variants elsewhere. Even the discovery this month is Barrie.

Not only can they not announce records three months at a time. They can't even announce them at the first of every month. Once Dualtone took cover, Magnolia has been a pretty big disappointment.
1648813199738.png

Last edited:
1648830819658.png

View attachment 134177

At least we don’t have worry about them being the ROTM again.

I am a big Lumineers fan, so I’m wondering if I should preorder this or if it’s possible it could be Magnolia’s DECEMBER record of the month?

Attachments

• DF811605-6C1F-46BC-82CF-4A3D3D4476E0.png
    DF811605-6C1F-46BC-82CF-4A3D3D4476E0.png
    254.3 KB · Views: 4
Back