Magnolia Record Club

What they didn't tell you is that Rough Trade is rebooting Album Circle within your Magnolia sub. Enjoy some Snapped Ankles and a signed bag!

1649178182587.png

Now they have pushed it back another day. I swear it said 4th to begin with. I am pretty certain that Mt. Joy is announcing a record tomorrow but I doubt it would be April ROTM.

View attachment 134626
Lame. Shenanigans on announcing an exclusive on regular announcement day, another on the “second” announcement day, another push and no official communication.

Not sure how I feel about this one. SVE has never really connected with me. I’ve been trying since Epic. Remind Me Tomorrow was the first one I listened to a little bit.

The write up on the site excites me, but she’s an artist I should like on paper but haven’t yet. The lack of singles also intrigues me, similarly in both good and bad ways…

Jamestown is the discovery but on red (no pictures) still lame but not quite as lame. I do like the album though (but didn’t pick it up) so will let that ride for sure.

I was disappointed that Secretly Society didn't make this a ROTM, so super pumped I'll be covered!
I agree as I got a three month membership to get Angel Olsens and Hatches albums at good price. I am skipping Mays album as I have no interest in that one. So my options are I could get the Secretly exclusive one and have it sent with my Angel Olsen album for free shipping ro get the Rough Trade one with the bonus disk. I can't decide which one I want to get. I don't want to wait until June for my Sharon Van Etten album but I don't want to spend $8 in shipping either.

My sub is scheduled to lapse this month. I think I’m set on cancelling and joining Secretly Society. I’m not sure of the last time I actually kept the ROTM and didn’t swap. Secretly seems to be more up my alley artist wise. Does anyone have any experience with the service?

Secretly is great - I've been a member for years and even with the occasional dud and the vinyl colorways being a little bit of a letdown compared to what the actual record looks like, the price is great and the customer service has always been top notch. Highly recommend.

Secretly is great - I've been a member for years and even with the occasional dud and the vinyl colorways being a little bit of a letdown compared to what the actual record looks like, the price is great and the customer service has always been top notch. Highly recommend.
I do enjoy the artists that Magnolia uses, but some of the choices they have made recently just seems very lackluster. Although the prices didn’t go up a whole lot, most of the albums they choose have indie releases as well, and are usually cheaper. I have a couple of weeks to decide, but I think I’ll ultimately make the switch.

Back in stock for those who missed it way back

Back in stock for those who missed it way back

I can't like this. Those exclusive ROTM's that become non exclusive ROTM's. There is literally no reason to subscribe to clubs anymore.

I can't like this. Those exclusive ROTM's that become non exclusive ROTM's. There is literally no reason to subscribe to clubs anymore.

This was my reaction when they did this with Phoebe's Punisher - it irks me that they can't be bothered to change anything about it (beyond barcode and matrix code maybe?) to differentiate it from the club release and then they release it right to the store as opposed to making it an add-on option, or even re-offering it via the club first.

Like, I definitely get that the Phoebe Variant Hunters are intense and that people really wanted that Needtobreathe but it killed any incentive to remain in this club. I'll see if they reissue some of the past exclusives I really want I guess but $30 a month for an "exclusive" that may just be put out for sale a year or two down the line is no bueno IMO.

1649971916452.png

I do love that Magnolia is doing more Country/Americana/Folk exclusive lately even if they aren't ROTM.

@Endtro @wynn72 @Lee Newman @Corycm @KenKaniff

Back