Magnolia Record Club

I mean, are any of their choices really less than obscure? I think this might be a direct result of us being incredible music geeks.

If you like classic traditional country or outlaw country and modern country that's not bro country, i.e. Ian Noe, Dori Freeman, Kelsey Waldon, Dillon Carmichael, Jason Eady, Randy Bowen, Cody Jinks, Whitey Morgan, Margo Price, Billy Strings, Stringdusters, Chris Stapleton, John Prine etc. I have not seen a record club with exclusives that scratches that itch. I wish there was a club that had a traditional classic country sub and a modern country sub.

Last edited:
If you like classic traditional country or outlaw country and modern country that's not bro country, i.e. Ian Noe, Dori Freeman, Kelsey Waldon, Dillon Carmichael, Jason Eady, Randy Bowen, Cody Jinks, Whitey Morgan, Margo Price, Billy Strings, Stringdusters, Chris Stapleton, John Prine etc. I have not seen a record club with exclusives that scratches that itch. I wish there was a club that had a traditional classic country sub and a modern country sub.
I got you. I mean if I’m in a club, I’m expecting them to curate for me. I don’t need to be directed to those folks, because the ones I didn’t discover on my own, the good folks here brought to my attention.

I got you. I mean if I’m in a club, I’m expecting them to curate for me. I don’t need to be directed to those folks, because the ones I didn’t discover on my own, the good folks here brought to my attention.

Exactly this. I should get a Waylon, Dolly, or Willie reissue in the trad sub (or an obscure lost outlaw country gem) and a curated pick of an up and comer that I may have missed otherwise that just rips where I say 'damn, I love this country club!'

I dipped into Magnolia for a three month stint. I like Shovels & Rope well enough but I swapped the last two months for Chris Stapleton and Lee Ann Womack. I like country and americana for the most part, just maybe not the brand they’re selling.
This. Like they walk riiiiiiiight up to the edge of stuff I love then stop short. I want to join this club, but I need the dial to move just a couple more clicks.

This. Like they walk riiiiiiiight up to the edge of stuff I love then stop short. I want to join this club, but I need the dial to move just a couple more clicks.

I would have joined Magnolia if they had kept moving more clicks in that direction for sure.

Really looking forward to Head and The Heart album from Magnolia, been listening to it on Spotify and I think this might be my favorite record of theirs.

Magnolia Record Club Presents: The Moon River Sessions
This month’s ROTM features an amazing compilation of artists who performed at 2018’s Moon River Music Festival in Chattanooga, Tennessee, pressed on exclusive blue and yellow splatter vinyl!
The Moon River Sessions were curated by Drew Holcomb and recorded by the Songbirds Foundation located in Chattanooga. The foundation provides educational programming and resources to emerging artists and kids in the area interested in learning about music, and a portion of the proceeds from these records will go to benefit the foundation!
Also included in every box this month is Produced By Simone Felice, an Amazon Exclusive previously only available digitally, and now pressed on vinyl and only available through Magnolia Record Club. Featured on this 10-inch record are songs performed by Wesley from The Lumineers, Phoebe Bridgers, Conor Oberst, and The Felice Brothers.
Both2-600x600.png

1. Drew Holcomb and The Neighbors – Tennessee
2. I’m With Her – Game to Lose
3. Darlingside – Hold Your Head Up High
4. Joseph – Sweet Dreams
5. Judah and the Lion – Stockholm
6. The War and Treaty – Hit Dawg Will Holla
7. Penny and Sparrow – The Carmike
8. CAAMP – Books
9. Mandolin Orange – Settled Down
10. Boy Named Banjo – Like a Hurricane

Last edited:
June Artist Discovery Record Of The Month.

1559369370689.png

If you’d like to add an exclusive signed copy of Renegade by Dylan LeBlanc to your monthly shipment, request the add-on by June 30th or while supplies last!

Looks like the track list for the bonus 10” for this month will be.

Wesley Schultz- Bell Bottom Blues (Amazon Original)
Phoebe Bridgers - Powerful Man (Amazon Original)
Conor Oberst- LAX (Amazon Original)
The Felice- Brothers -Patti Featuring Conor Oberst & Wesley Schultz {Amazon Original}

IMG_0995.jpg

JULY 2019
Finch - Penny & Sparrow
This month’s ROTM is Finch, the new album from folk singer/songwriter duo Penny & Sparrow
Finch is a record of growth, of shifting perspectives as one gets older and experiences the world more. The duo, made up of Andy Baxter and Kyle Jahnke, ask big questions throughout the record about masculinity, divorce, religion, and more, while captivating listeners with their beautiful harmonies, delicate delivery, and masterful songwriting.
Also included in every box is a Penny & Sparrow patch!
We cannot wait for you to hear this album.

Back