Magnolia Record Club

IMG_0996.jpg

Angie McMahon
Angie McMahon is the kind of indie film heroine that every twenty-something can relate to and root for, but instead of on-screen, her narrative plays out in charming songs about life, love, and comfort food.
Her debut album Salt (out July 26) exhibits all the talents that have seen the Melbourne songwriter quickly gather an impressive list of figures, accolades, and a reputation for filling some of Australia’s most revered venues, moving audiences who want to befriend her.
Angie’s raw, human songwriting hums with realness, coupling intimately relatable lyrics with guitar-driven, anthemic guts and delivers it in a disarmingly soulful voice that can stop you in your tracks.
It’s all there in her debut single ‘Slow Mover’, a charismatic, cathartic song about an impotent romantic encounter in an all-too-familiar late-night setting, which sparks an internal monologue that becomes a firework chorus. It shot Angie from relative anonymity to one of 2017’s biggest success stories, landing her at #33 in triple j’s Hottest 100 off the back of listener votes and love from fellow artists Julia Stone, Julia Jacklin, and Gordi.
In February, Angie followed up with the bruised, bluesy, but ultimately emboldening ‘Missing Me’. A brew of punchy chords and confessional vocals mixing sorrow and sass, it landed her at #49 in this year’s Hottest 100. With the release of her third single ‘Keeping Time’, she became the #1 most played artist on triple j and received high rotation across Australian radio, as well as cracked the AIR and Spotify Viral Charts.
With 15 million plays on Spotify and Apple Music, Angie garnered local and international support. In the first 12 months of her career, she rose from playing small rooms to selling out 1500-2000 capacity venues on her first headline Australian tour. She entered the nation’s festival circuit playing Splendour In The Grass, Laneway, Groovin’ The Moo, and has shared stages with Father John Misty, The Shins, Alanis Morissette, Angus & Julia Stone, Leon Bridges, Mumford & Sons, and Pixies.
In 2018, Angie won Best Live Voice of the Year (National Live Music Awards), and was nominated for Breakthrough Artist of the Year (AIR), Unearthed Artist of the Year (J Awards), Best Solo Artist and Best Victorian Breakthrough Act (Music Victoria Awards), and Live Act of the Year (National Live Music Awards).
If you’d like to add an exclusive white vinyl copy of Salt by Angie McMahon to your monthly shipment, request the add-on by July 31st, or while supplies last!

View attachment 9373

Angie McMahon
Angie McMahon is the kind of indie film heroine that every twenty-something can relate to and root for, but instead of on-screen, her narrative plays out in charming songs about life, love, and comfort food.
Her debut album Salt (out July 26) exhibits all the talents that have seen the Melbourne songwriter quickly gather an impressive list of figures, accolades, and a reputation for filling some of Australia’s most revered venues, moving audiences who want to befriend her.
Angie’s raw, human songwriting hums with realness, coupling intimately relatable lyrics with guitar-driven, anthemic guts and delivers it in a disarmingly soulful voice that can stop you in your tracks.
It’s all there in her debut single ‘Slow Mover’, a charismatic, cathartic song about an impotent romantic encounter in an all-too-familiar late-night setting, which sparks an internal monologue that becomes a firework chorus. It shot Angie from relative anonymity to one of 2017’s biggest success stories, landing her at #33 in triple j’s Hottest 100 off the back of listener votes and love from fellow artists Julia Stone, Julia Jacklin, and Gordi.
In February, Angie followed up with the bruised, bluesy, but ultimately emboldening ‘Missing Me’. A brew of punchy chords and confessional vocals mixing sorrow and sass, it landed her at #49 in this year’s Hottest 100. With the release of her third single ‘Keeping Time’, she became the #1 most played artist on triple j and received high rotation across Australian radio, as well as cracked the AIR and Spotify Viral Charts.
With 15 million plays on Spotify and Apple Music, Angie garnered local and international support. In the first 12 months of her career, she rose from playing small rooms to selling out 1500-2000 capacity venues on her first headline Australian tour. She entered the nation’s festival circuit playing Splendour In The Grass, Laneway, Groovin’ The Moo, and has shared stages with Father John Misty, The Shins, Alanis Morissette, Angus & Julia Stone, Leon Bridges, Mumford & Sons, and Pixies.
In 2018, Angie won Best Live Voice of the Year (National Live Music Awards), and was nominated for Breakthrough Artist of the Year (AIR), Unearthed Artist of the Year (J Awards), Best Solo Artist and Best Victorian Breakthrough Act (Music Victoria Awards), and Live Act of the Year (National Live Music Awards).
If you’d like to add an exclusive white vinyl copy of Salt by Angie McMahon to your monthly shipment, request the add-on by July 31st, or while supplies last!
I've never really heard much about this club, but Im really digging this Angie McMahon. Is signing up for a month, then getting this as an "add on" the only way to get it?

I've never really heard much about this club, but Im really digging this Angie McMahon. Is signing up for a month, then getting this as an "add on" the only way to get it?

You can also pick this up from the Dualtone store directly on a different color. If you don’t want to sign up for Magnolia.

Got a shipping notice. I'm pretty certain that the next two ROTM will be Drew Holcomb's New Album Dragons followed by the new Lumineers. Can't complain, they've had a lot of great records as ROTM this year.

Got a shipping notice. I'm pretty certain that the next two ROTM will be Drew Holcomb's New Album Dragons followed by the new Lumineers. Can't complain, they've had a lot of great records as ROTM this year.
I’m down with those if they are the next albums. I’d say Drew is for sure, because of the club’s history and the lack of a presale despite the FB groups getting word their would be a club edition. Lumineers is not as much of a shoo in, but again, I think the lack of a preorder at this date for the club, points towards it selection as well.

New Magnolia Record Club Exclusive up for preorder.

New Magnolia Record Club Exclusive up for preorder.

View attachment 10538
Love these ladies so much. They announced a tour in conjunction with the new album and I can not recommend seeing them enough. the absolute best.

Love these ladies so much. They announced a tour in conjunction with the new album and I can not recommend seeing them enough. the absolute best.

I had a phase where seemingly every music festival I attended for a 2 year period included Joseph on the lineup. Enjoyed them very much. Might swap this for the next compilation ROTM that happens.

I know it's still middle of the Month but Drew acknowledged last night on instrgram that his new album would be record of the month next month.

Nice, excited for it!

I had a phase where seemingly every music festival I attended for a 2 year period included Joseph on the lineup. Enjoyed them very much. Might swap this for the next compilation ROTM that happens.

Nice, excited for it!

Yeah I really like what I have heard from the Drew record so far, All four singles he has released have been excellent. Really hoping that the artist discovery for next month is a signed or exclusive version of the new Wilder Woods record.

IMG_1050.jpg
AUGUST 2019
Dragons - Drew Holcomb & The Neighbors
This month’s ROTM is Dragons, the new album by Drew Holcomb & The Neighbors, pressed exclusively for our members on black and white vinyl!IMG_1049.JPG

Back