Loves Vinyl - The Record Club from Dublin Vinyl Pressing Plant

yeah im going to check them out,I know the two Damien Rice tunes because that album was pretty big when released. Id never actually heard of Bell X1 until this thread.
I saw them as a support band in a tiny venue ..they were brilliant and blew the main act away ..they never quite broke thru in the U.K. but are pretty popular in Ireland

this month albums from Vinyl me please are out
ESSENTIAL - ARETHA FRANKLIN: I NEVER LOVED A MAN THE WAY I LOVE YOU (EXCLUSIVE PRINT INCLUDED - THIS MONTH ONLY)
IRISH - MICK FLANNERY: MICK FLANNERY
DISCOVERY - FUJIYA & MIYAGI: FLASHBACK

this month albums from Vinyl me please are out
ESSENTIAL - ARETHA FRANKLIN: I NEVER LOVED A MAN THE WAY I LOVE YOU (EXCLUSIVE PRINT INCLUDED - THIS MONTH ONLY)
IRISH - MICK FLANNERY: MICK FLANNERY
DISCOVERY - FUJIYA & MIYAGI: FLASHBACK
interestingly that aretha essentials comes with an art print.

interestingly that aretha essentials comes with an art print.

I think that’s because that’s one they aren’t pressing and there isn’t a non VMP version in the wild that isn’t on black vinyl so they had to give something to make a €16.99 record worth €33!

So have they retitled each track or was I completely blind to "Essentials, Irish & Discovery" before? It's a nice idea but the choices are weak, especially considering Aretha was done already by another club

So have they retitled each track or was I completely blind to "Essentials, Irish & Discovery" before? It's a nice idea but the choices are weak, especially considering Aretha was done already by another club

I think that’s always been the guide, I seem to remember them saying something similar in the past but never actually officially titling them. Agree with Aretha not being a strong pick, but more because it’s a lot of money for a standard press that’s €16.99 in tower right now, it needs a lot more than an art print to make it worth what they’re charging imo.

I think that’s always been the guide, I seem to remember them saying something similar in the past but never actually officially titling them. Agree with Aretha not being a strong pick, but more because it’s a lot of money for a standard press that’s €16.99 in tower right now, it needs a lot more than an art print to make it worth what they’re charging imo.
Yep. I literally just seen it in tower half hour ago thats why I kinda jumped straight in calling it a weak pick, the album itself is great I love the Voldemort press I got tbf

Yep. I literally just seen it in tower half hour ago thats why I kinda jumped straight in calling it a weak pick, the album itself is great I love the Voldemort press I got tbf

Yeah exactly the same, it’s a really nice press and colour and the fact that it was a new master made it about worth the money. The same press on black vinyl that’s €16.99 in tower with just an art print? Not so much lol!

Very poor choices. Maybe they don’t have the sway to convince labels to allow them to press something different, but I can think of a good few other Aretha albums that could do with a repress. And the Irish selections as well, maybe Cruella de Ville would be a cool pick. Even something like Thin Lizzy or Rory Gallagher. Stiff Little Fingers or Undertones.

I recall a really cool tune by FUJIYA & MIYAGI in a car advert about 10 yrs ago.....
ok i googled it and its collarbone. Not on this Album.
So id have to try this out and see if any good.

Back