Loves Vinyl - The Record Club from Dublin Vinyl Pressing Plant

Can’t believe this month’s choices. A competitors album of the month from 2 month’s ago? They should use this website to check for suitable releases.

Yep that was a real head scratcher of a pick ... shame ..if they’d have picked any other Aretha I might have gone for it ..I really wish they’d ditch the white labels and eps and focus on the quality of the picks

Yep that was a real head scratcher of a pick ... shame ..if they’d have picked any other Aretha I might have gone for it ..I really wish they’d ditch the white labels and eps and focus on the quality of the picks

They do need to sort their picks but I think they’re aiming at people with small collections who are delighted with the bigger essentials even if they could get them cheaper in their local.

I must say I’ve really liked all the EPs I’ve got and I think it’s the one thing they’re actually doing well, I’d hope they wouldn’t drop them. I have no love for the test pressings though, that should go.

They do need to sort their picks but I think they’re aiming at people with small collections who are delighted with the bigger essentials even if they could get them cheaper in their local.

I must say I’ve really liked all the EPs I’ve got and I think it’s the one thing they’re actually doing well, I’d hope they wouldn’t drop them. I have no love for the test pressings though, that should go.

Prints also not enough of an incentive for the price point. They just need to charge less.

it was probably too late for that allready, but yeah bad timing.

seeing as they’re just buying the standard black that you can get in store and not pressing that one I can’t imagine there was a huge lead in time for it? I’m sure the label would just as happily have sold them a few hundred copies of Lady Soul.

seeing as they’re just buying the standard black that you can get in store and not pressing that one I can’t imagine there was a huge lead in time for it? I’m sure the label would just as happily have sold them a few hundred copies of Lady Soul.

well you have a point there ! most things ive been reading about this club since autuumn have been puzzling me
o_O

I got a payment confirmation by email this morning. I camcelled after Bell X1 and nothing has come remotely close to winning me back. Taking my money without permission wont help them at all !

I skipped this month, I have to give them their due if you email them your not interested in any of the picks or swaps they give you the option to skip instead of cancelling completely..

I got a payment confirmation by email this morning. I camcelled after Bell X1 and nothing has come remotely close to winning me back. Taking my money without permission wont help them at all !

Same here, I've just emailed them. I trust they'll refund it, but they definitely need to sort out those logistics issues.

Edit: got an answer this morning with confirmed refund and cancellation. As usual, very reactive with their support.

Last edited:
This month’s trio of albums. As usual pressing the second two and buying from the label for the big one. I’m considering going back in for the Lankum album, it’d been on my to get list for a while anyway.

023C8D00-F049-41FC-8F09-71077C3548EB.jpeg666DE062-C815-4E0F-8B2F-9C0BC40F0367.jpegC91659EC-7BE7-43D6-A111-AD7C4D474CA2.jpeg

This month’s trio of albums. As usual pressing the second two and buying from the label for the big one. I’m considering going back in for the Lankum album, it’d been on my to get list for a while anyway.

View attachment 36093View attachment 36094View attachment 36095
go back for Lankum, you will not regret it!
it's a truly amazing record that brings Irish traditional music in a new dimension.
To me it sounds like a cinematic experience.
it's music that is visual!

but you can find this online for less that what it would cost you from Loves Vinyl.

go back for Lankum, you will not regret it!
it's a truly amazing record that brings Irish traditional music in a new dimension.
To me it sounds like a cinematic experience.
it's music that is visual!

but you can find this online for less that what it would cost you from Loves Vinyl.

It’s €25 in tower and I’m still on the reduced €29 rate so I’ll swallow the extra €4 because I’ve always liked their EPs!

Yeah I remember you saying that before Christmas and I’ve read all the reviews, I’m actually really not sure why I don’t already own this!

It’s €25 in tower and I’m still on the reduced €29 rate so I’ll swallow the extra €4 because I’ve always liked their EPs!

Yeah I remember you saying that before Christmas and I’ve read all the reviews, I’m actually really not sure why I don’t already own this!

I'll be getting the lankum alright, had been thinking about it for a while.

They seem to be launching an offshoot in April that focuses on Irish music. There is a link on the site but no real details yet.

I'll be getting the lankum alright, had been thinking about it for a while.

They seem to be launching an offshoot in April that focuses on Irish music. There is a link on the site but no real details yet.

Yeah I saw that. I signed up for notifications but I’ll wait to see what that is. Some of the lesser known Irish artist releases were my favourites last year.

Yeah I saw that. I signed up for notifications but I’ll wait to see what that is. Some of the lesser known Irish artist releases were my favourites last year.

Do you have a sign-up link?

If they manage to get well pressed releases (I trust them for this) from local artists with exclusive material (signed copies, etc), maybe they'll be on something (a bit niche though), and not a VMP copycat.

Wax buyers club positioned them very well in the record-club market IMO, I wish LV could also find a good space and have a unique value proposition.

Do you have a sign-up link?

Back