Loves Vinyl - The Record Club from Dublin Vinyl Pressing Plant

That last one is Irish Hiphop. I just cant do Irish Hiphop to my ears šŸ˜­ Jyellowl & Rejjie Snow are decent, Versatile are funny in a parody Rubberbandit type way but Irish hiphop just 95% of it is a negative for me. Van Morrison isnt even pressed by them šŸ™ˆ

That last one is Irish Hiphop. I just cant do Irish Hiphop to my ears šŸ˜­ Jyellowl & Rejjie Snow are decent, Versatile are funny in a parody Rubberbandit type way but Irish hiphop just 95% of it is a negative for me. Van Morrison isnt even pressed by them šŸ™ˆ

I sent them an e-mail opting out and saying how disappointed I was in Moondance as a pick and why.

January Picks

thatā€™s me out, already have Moondance and never heard of the other two. Must say Iā€™m hugely disappointed they went with moondance, I mean who thatā€™s interested in van the man doesnā€™t already own that one!

View attachment 29457View attachment 29458View attachment 29459

Was thinking the same earlier - Very unoriginal pick - I dont think that ones actually pressed by them either - the other two are.

I will out of interest play both on Spotify - But would have to blow me away.
They have been pretty slow shipping too - given they cant have built up a huge subscription yet, its a little worrying.

Mahalia is a new emerging UK artist that's been included in several small size irish festivals.

Mango and Mathman are an acclaimed hip hop duo from Dublin and their album has been celebrated as one of the best of 2019.
I'm sure @Jmcg85 and @PineapplePhantom knows these guys well.

I think your right. Nothing like being upfront & honest. I take it your still waiting for a response?

Yeah but I sent it like 3 minutes ago, Iā€™m not that impatient šŸ˜‚

I did also say I was disappointed to be missing the EP and will be back for months with better picks for me!

Mahalia sounds interesting - Probably wont pick it up - But that would be the one for me.

I really want to like the picks - I like subscribing to a vinyl club and happy to budget for one. Just want speedier shipping and an Album im happy adding to the collection.
Nothing changes eh !

Last edited:
Mahalia sounds interesting - Probably wont pick it up - But that would be the one for me.

I really want to like the picks - I like subscribing to a vinyl club and happy to budget for one. Just want speedier shipping and an Album im happy adding to the collection.
Nothing changes eh !

No, Iā€™m going off the club concept to be honest. Iā€™m being exposed to so much music without it and I quite like actually picking the stuff I get myself.

Mahalia is a new emerging UK artist that's been included in several small size irish festivals.

Mango and Mathman are an acclaimed hip hop duo from Dublin and their album has been celebrated as one of the best of 2019.
I'm sure @Jmcg85 and @PineapplePhantom knows these guys well.

I seen that guy Mango performing on tv at Electric Picnic doing a history of hiphop of sorts. It was ok. I personally just dont like the Irish accent rapping, I cant take it seriously unfortunately. I know that sounds crazy ignorant but it's just not for me. The production on that track is decent though

Edit: I should try their album with an open mind though maybe they can change my view.

January Picks

thatā€™s me out, already have Moondance and never heard of the other two. Must say Iā€™m hugely disappointed they went with moondance, I mean who thatā€™s interested in van the man doesnā€™t already own that one!

View attachment 29457View attachment 29458View attachment 29459
For me the attraction of VMP and Secretly over stuff like this is the absolute guarantee youā€™re getting exclusives.
selling a version of Moondance you can pick up anywhere just seems to defeat the purpose. For me anyway.

For me the attraction of VMP and Secretly over stuff like this is the absolute guarantee youā€™re getting exclusives.
selling a version of Moondance you can pick up anywhere just seems to defeat the purpose. For me anyway.

true but secretly is such a narrow choice with one label and VMP are terrible human beings. Plus I hated the VMP ā€œcurationā€ in 2019. Iā€™m over having exclusives and FOMO bait I hope, just after the best presses of the albums I want, anything else is a bonus.

No jan email , no December record yet .. not good.. might go with Van as my vinyl moondance is getting on a bit ..are these the same as the rhino summer of love pressings from last year ?

moondance Looks Pretty similar to the recent Rhino reissue
R-13901177-1563653971-1084.jpeg.jpg

itā€™s the same, the last 3 months theyā€™ve sourced the ā€œbig artistā€ album (Fleetwood Mac/Bowie/Van) direct from the label and pressed the 2 tracks with the local and/or emerging artists.

Yeah I got my copy approx 1 yr ago, but from memory Moondance got a really decent repress by Kevin Gray / Steve Hoffman mastering from original Analog.
Again from memory I think pretty much anything you pick up since has used that master.
For that reason its a pretty unoriginal pick that I expect quite a few members will alreayd have. But if you dont its well worth having !

Into the Mystic eh..........

No, Iā€™m going off the club concept to be honest. Iā€™m being exposed to so much music without it and I quite like actually picking the stuff I get myself.

Thinking on it - As we have the N&G AOTM - im easy either way on Loves Vinyl. I like i can hop in and out - so will continue to keep abreast of releases. But they are pretty much anonymous as a community. This thread (completely separate to them acutally) started by you is the only small piece of "community".
My first 2 yrs of VMP were the high point for club based curation. Its all gone far of course since those heady days.

Thinking on it - As we have the N&G AOTM - im easy either way on Loves Vinyl. I like i can hop in and out - so will continue to keep abreast of releases. But they are pretty much anonymous as a community. This thread (completely separate to them acutally) started by you is the only small piece of "community".
My first 2 yrs of VMP were the high point for club based curation. Its all gone far of course since those heady days.

Yeah I donā€™t think theyā€™re interested in that side at all. Itā€™s cash flow and advertising for the pressing plant. The one thing Iā€™ll say is that their own pressings have been of a really high quality so regardless of the Loves Vinyl club I really hope that Dublin Vinyl continues to grow!

They got back to me and cancelled and said theyā€™d see if they could sort out the missing EP for me if I rejoin next month which was nice.

The rhino pressing of Moondance is the hoffman / gray analog pressing, and it sounds brilliant so well worth hunting out if you havenā€™t got it or donā€™t get this from Loves Vinyl. I would have loved to see them do their own pressing of Poetic Champions Compose instead!

The rhino pressing of Moondance is the hoffman / gray analog pressing, and it sounds brilliant so well worth hunting out if you havenā€™t got it or donā€™t get this from Loves Vinyl. I would have loved to see them do their own pressing of Poetic Champions Compose instead!

Yeah itā€™s a great master/pressing from Rhino, I have the standard black and it plays like a dream! I was really disappointed because Iā€™d asked them once upon a time to consider pressing Tupelo Honey if they ever did Van lol!

Yeah itā€™s a great master/pressing from Rhino, I have the standard black and it plays like a dream! I was really disappointed because Iā€™d asked them once upon a time to consider pressing Tupelo Honey if they ever did Van lol!
Oh yes, that would have been a great option!! Damn it.

Back