Loves Vinyl - The Record Club from Dublin Vinyl Pressing Plant

Yes sadly this seems to have descended into farce. Pressed by us at Dublin Vinyl is what is advertised. Albums coming so late. I could get Parallel Lines and Master Of Puppets for under £30 together so the idea of a free record is a misnomer. Not giving Gambino because they couldn’t get supplied sounded strange to me as well. They really need to get their act in order. 16th October and records that were supposed to go out on the first week of September haven’t arrived and were misadvertised? Very poor.

It’s a pity because the ones they have pressed and the EPs are excellent pressings, really impressive work and I’ve noticed they’ve pressed a few Irish artists that I see on the shelves, the Lisa Hannigan live album from earlier this year was one. It’s just a pity that the club seems to be too much for them to deliver at the moment.

It’s a pity because the ones they have pressed and the EPs are excellent pressings, really impressive work and I’ve noticed they’ve pressed a few Irish artists that I see on the shelves, the Lisa Hannigan live album from earlier this year was one. It’s just a pity that the club seems to be too much for them to deliver at the moment.

3 records is too much for them. Pick one. Make it exclusive. Make it coloured. Drop the price by €7 and just have the bonus EP and the coloured press album. This would solve that

3 records is too much for them. Pick one. Make it exclusive. Make it coloured. Drop the price by €7 and just have the bonus EP and the coloured press album. This would solve that

I can see that logic, there is the fear that you drop customers every month because they might not like and so drop out without a swap. The bonus gift should definitely go though, I have no use for the print or test pressings to be brutally honest.

I can see that logic, there is the fear that you drop customers every month because they might not like and so drop out without a swap. The bonus gift should definitely go though, I have no use for the print or test pressings to be brutally honest.

If it was a test pressing randomly put in of an actual album as a bonus, a real test pressing, then great. Pressing on mass a load of test pressings of some bedroom dance artist isn’t satisfying anyone

Also they are dropping customers now by not fulfilling orders. I wish them well, especially as an Irish company but this service hasn’t been up to scratch.

Yes sadly this seems to have descended into farce. Pressed by us at Dublin Vinyl is what is advertised. Albums coming so late. I could get Parallel Lines and Master Of Puppets for under £30 together so the idea of a free record is a misnomer. Not giving Gambino because they couldn’t get supplied sounded strange to me as well. They really need to get their act in order. 16th October and records that were supposed to go out on the first week of September haven’t arrived and were misadvertised? Very poor.
20191016_222241.jpg
Yeah I'm out now. I'm going to email them and tell them to cancel.

I'll keep an eye on the business going forward, hope it comes good but doesn't look to good sadly.

I did ok out of them, €14.50 for Amy Winehouse, €29 for a white A Night At The Opera, Blondie & Massive Attack for €29.

I'm happy with that little haul but with xmas coming & the 4th quarter being notoriously busy for my favoured genre (hiphop) I could do with the extra 29 a month tbh

I dont actually want to give up on them yet, i have some sympathy for a genuinely “new startup” and i like the sound of the extra compilation they are offering this month (when i pick it up).
I dont think any of the criticism is particularly misplaced, but im Gonna cut them a little more slack - tbh every record ive recieved from them ive enjoyed more than any VMP essential in the meantime ive avoided. If they can improve the packages great, luckily for them I dont care if its exclusive or not.

View attachment 19919
Yeah I'm out now. I'm going to email them and tell them to cancel.

I'll keep an eye on the business going forward, hope it comes good but doesn't look to good sadly.

I did ok out of them, €14.50 for Amy Winehouse, €29 for a white A Night At The Opera, Blondie & Massive Attack for €29.

I'm happy with that little haul but with xmas coming & the 4th quarter being notoriously busy for my favoured genre (hiphop) I could do with the extra 29 a month tbh

Blue Lines is a great album. As is Parallel Lines. Enjoy those 2 beauties.

I dont actually want to give up on them yet, i have some sympathy for a genuinely “new startup” and i like the sound of the extra compilation they are offering this month (when i pick it up).
I dont think any of the criticism is particularly misplaced, but im Gonna cut them a little more slack - tbh every record ive recieved from them ive enjoyed more than any VMP essential in the meantime ive avoided. If they can improve the packages great, luckily for them I dont care if its exclusive or not.
I really want them to thrive I do. I would love for an irish business a local Dublin one at that literally 10 mins down the road from me to do really well.

At the moment I would be choosing either DJ Shadow or Nevermind, both I can get cheaper &/or superior versions for that price (looking at you blue endtroducing) but most of all it's time for me to reign in spending for now

Last edited:
Still only received 1 album since joining. I’ll give them one more chance with November but after that shall be cancelling if further delays and asking my credit card company to get me a refund for non delivery for any missing items if goes wrong again

Hope they can sort things out. But last few months were a mess. Would love them to drop in here and give us a heads up on changes being made or something but lack of info doesn’t inspire confidence

So finally got a response.. 1st up , Bell X1 has been replaced completely for 1/11 ... not happy about that.. they will refund me a payment or skip November’s payment, but as I don't want any of the three lps I’ve asked for an alternative choice before deciding whether to stay or not...

Should I stay or should I go ....

So finally got a response.. 1st up , Bell X1 has been replaced completely for 1/11 ... not happy about that.. they will refund me a payment or skip November’s payment, but as I don't want any of the three lps I’ve asked for an alternative choice before deciding whether to stay or not...

Should I stay or should I go ....

That’s shitty, did they say what was replacing it and why?

That’s shitty, did they say what was replacing it and why?
Hoping to do bell X1 in a few months time but no explanation ..the replacements are on the site now ..some one called Jafaris ?

I’ve asked them to give me a list of alternatives for November payment if I stay and a refund of the duplicated charge ( I think they charged me twice for Queen down to when I joined but they won’t have it ) ..

Unless there’s something good and a speedy response of alternatives I’ll cancel subs via my credit card company ..still not got the Metallica parcel yet either but they are certain it’s on the way ...

To be fair at least Jennifer replied again.. finally

Back