Loves Vinyl - The Record Club from Dublin Vinyl Pressing Plant

Seriously i got charged three times !
It was quickly rectified but it still happened. Ive learnt since to do nothing until they email you a link - made mistake of logging into account and confirming my next months order rather than waiting for an email. Also i think switching to the UK site confuses them, or is it just me. Ive stopped doing that now.

I didn’t even know they had a separate UK website haha!

Seriously i got charged three times !
It was quickly rectified but it still happened. Ive learnt since to do nothing until they email you a link - made mistake of logging into account and confirming my next months order rather than waiting for an email. Also i think switching to the UK site confuses them, or is it just me. Ive stopped doing that now.

That might be where I’m going wrong ..I change it on the site not via the email..too impatient I’ve sent a nice long email with all my orders listed ..three charges for two records , they defo doubled-up on queen charges for first two months

Is intl shipping possible now? I still only see uk and ireland as an option

Is intl shipping possible now? I still only see uk and ireland as an option

it was last asked about a month ago and the answer was still that they wanted to be in a position where they were more established felt they could do it properly before they branched beyond Ireland and the uk.

Watch out of ordering from store ..£6.95 postage to uk as standard , and they don’t just add the records to your normal subscription to avoid the post .. so my £10 voucher off a record got used up in postage pretty much .. still no sign of any records yet ...or response to my query over paying too much ... not great so far ..shame.. may have to bail if they don’t start posting some records!

and the October delivery is in the house!
1571144499518.png
choice of the month was Blondie, with Metallica as the free bonus album (for the september delays)
The standard bonus album is an EP by the Irish DJ Kormak
and the club EP is a surprise collection of covers sung by a bunch of very well known Irish artists: Lisa Hannigan James Vincent McMorrow, Cathy Davey, Neil Hannon and a bunch of others. it's the annual new year mixtape and I know I'll be playing at my own mini new year party!

and the October delivery is in the house!
View attachment 19816
choice of the month was Blondie, with Metallica as the free bonus album (for the september delays)
The standard bonus album is an EP by the Irish DJ Kormak
and the club EP is a surprise collection of covers sung by a bunch of very well known Irish artists: Lisa Hannigan James Vincent McMorrow, Cathy Davey, Neil Hannon and a bunch of others. it's the annual new year mixtape and I know I'll be playing at my own mini new year party!

At last some records!

I got mine too!

I'm glad it's finally there, but I'm confused once again, as the Metallica pressing doesn't seem to be a DublinVinyl one, but the standard version from 2017 - Metallica - Master Of Puppets (same etching, etc.).

I haven't opened Blondie yet, but there's no "Pressed in Dublin" sticker on it neither, and barcode also makes me think it's an existing release.
Well, that's a standard MPO / Back to black repress here.

Your definitely missing a record or been double charged. I am expecting to be charged on November 1st for one of the latest albums Bell X1, Planxty etc. Providing I decide to stay on. I wouldnt want to pay in advance of the announcement at all @Gavaxeman

I got mine too!

I'm glad it's finally there, but I'm confused once again, as the Metallica pressing doesn't seem to be a DublinVinyl one, but the standard version from 2017 - Metallica - Master Of Puppets (same etching, etc.).

I haven't opened Blondie yet, but there's no "Pressed in Dublin" sticker on it neither, and barcode also makes me think it's an existing release.
Well, that's a standard MPO / Back to black repress here.
I dont think they pressed them. I think these are being passed off. I couldn't understand how there wasnt enough gambino to go around (press more or surely you pressed enough lol) they obviously couldn't bulk order enough. That blondie vinyl is around 16 euros in tower, wonder how much metallica is. I feel a con lol

I dont think they pressed them. I think these are being passed off. I couldn't understand how there wasnt enough gambino to go around (press more or surely you pressed enough lol) they obviously couldn't bulk order enough. That blondie vinyl is around 16 euros in tower, wonder how much metallica is. I feel a con lol

They’ve been mixing their own pressings in with standards since the start. The O Emperor/Anna Mieke/Nirvana/Kiwunakwa ones are definitely their own (Made in Dublin on both the cover and the label and the sticker on the shrink) but then The Cure/Gainsborough/Miles Davis were standard presses so i just don’t know 🤷🏻‍♂️

They’ve been mixing their own pressings in with standards since the start. The O Emperor/Anna Mieke/Nirvana/Kiwunakwa ones are definitely their own (Made in Dublin on both the cover and the label and the sticker on the shrink) but then The Cure/Gainsborough/Miles Davis were standard presses so i just don’t know 🤷🏻‍♂️
ahh ok, I was definitely working off my own assumption that they pressed all their ROTM, but then sold standards in their store too. I havent recieved my double box yet I'd expect it might come today/tmrw though. Dont think I'll hang on next month, i wish there was a cancel option in my account, Instead of needing to mail them 🙄

I'm puzzled though as the last time it happened to me was for The Cure, and I was told it was an inventory issue But that's seem to happen more often, as they're still advertising as "pressed by us" in their pages. I don't mind getting a good Metallica repress, but that's not what I've signed up for.

I'm puzzled though as the last time it happened to me was for The Cure, and I was told it was an inventory issue But that's seem to happen more often, as they're still advertising as "pressed by us" in their pages. I don't mind getting a good Metallica repress, but that's not what I've signed up for.

I agree, their transparency isn’t great. I’ve raised that with them twice before in the past. I’m half tempted to cancel this month too tbh, I’m not overly enamoured by any of the 3 albums that they’re offering either, it’s a pity because I’ve enjoyed all of the bonus EPs so far and it’s a shame to have one missing but then equally they aren’t worth €29 for that...

This seems - obviously - to be an absolute con? I didn’t see the point from the beginning but absolutely not now if they are literally just taking a freely available record and mailing it out. Laughable.

ahh ok, I was definitely working off my own assumption that they pressed all their ROTM, but then sold standards in their store too. I havent recieved my double box yet I'd expect it might come today/tmrw though. Dont think I'll hang on next month, i wish there was a cancel option in my account, Instead of needing to mail them 🙄
This seems - obviously - to be an absolute con? I didn’t see the point from the beginning but absolutely not now if they are literally just taking a freely available record and mailing it out. Laughable.

Yes sadly this seems to have descended into farce. Pressed by us at Dublin Vinyl is what is advertised. Albums coming so late. I could get Parallel Lines and Master Of Puppets for under £30 together so the idea of a free record is a misnomer. Not giving Gambino because they couldn’t get supplied sounded strange to me as well. They really need to get their act in order. 16th October and records that were supposed to go out on the first week of September haven’t arrived and were misadvertised? Very poor.

Back