Loves Vinyl - The Record Club from Dublin Vinyl Pressing Plant

Interesting take. How have the Loves Vinyl pressings been? I've they've been excellent, I'd skip the pink and get both from them. They seem like cool people and you'd be supporting your local economy.

My first box will be a big one- they had lots of albums in the store that I wanted.

For the first couple of months they were just standards from a distributor. Since then they've been pressing their own and they’ve been really good so far. The only thing is that they haven’t had any remastering/new masters. It’s largely been the best ones currently out there on the open market. As all masters of Amy’s stuff for vinyl are poor, the only good version I’ve heard is the Abbey Road half speed of Back to Black, I thought I’d just get the pink one because it looks cool!

Interesting take. How have the Loves Vinyl pressings been? I've they've been excellent, I'd skip the pink and get both from them. They seem like cool people and you'd be supporting your local economy.

My first box will be a big one- they had lots of albums in the store that I wanted.

I just got my first parcel. Endtroducing. Sounds great. Excellent pressing. First time listening to this album on vinyl, i’m Very familiar with it on cd and streaming. Best it has sounded to my old decrepit ears. You can pick old albums of the month so I think I will be going for Beck or Metronomy as my next pick. But this is a nice silent, flat, dynamic pressing. Well done. I got the same EP and bonuses as Joe

FYI, they're launching a contest where you can win (I believe) all the records they pressed so far. The link below is a referral link (if you're inclined giving me a few points 😎)

Besides that, I feel that's a nice little club too, and their bonus EPs are great. This is mostly well-known records (besides a few local artists), but imo makes a nice combination with waxbuyers.club which focuses more on curation.

Last edited:
They also still have the €10 off referral email, like this one below.

At the account page I was then able to input a 20% off code too SUBSCRIBE20DF which will take €5.80 off my second month subscription too. So €15.80 saved over 2 months. Which was nice.

They also still have the €10 off referral email, like this one below.

At the account page I was then able to input a 20% off code too SUBSCRIBE20DF which will take €5.80 off my second month subscription too. So €15.80 saved over 2 months. Which was nice.

Cheers! That’s €5.80 off for me next month too! I still haven’t used my tenner referral credit cuz I have to use it in the store, not off sub, and there’s been nowt there I’ve wanted since I got it...

Cheers! That’s €5.80 off for me next month too! I still haven’t used my tenner referral credit cuz I have to use it in the store, not off sub, and there’s been nowt there I’ve wanted since I got it...

It sounds like your having the same issue with the store as me. The store is badly laid out, it just shows a few past AOTM but when you search for say ‘Rock’ or ‘Jazz’ or ‘Pop’ suddenly albums appear. Prices in the store are OK, but that €10 off will make a dent towards something.

It sounds like your having the same issue with the store as me. The store is badly laid out, it just shows a few past AOTM but when you search for say ‘Rock’ or ‘Jazz’ or ‘Pop’ suddenly albums appear. Prices in the store are OK, but that €10 off will make a dent towards something.

Oh! I thought they were only selling the past ROTMs...

Time to go back and have another look!

I sent them a message about the store there and that it might be stopping them from getting a few sales. Sort of told me they weren’t too worried about the store as it wasn’t their main focus but they would review it. At least you’ll get something to spend that credit on.

Just got the June album EP and test pressing! Anna Mieke is personalised and signed, the EP is up and coming Irish and international rock acts and the test pressing is of electro artist Doug Cooney’s Convergences EP. Also redeeemed the grey label Kind of Blue by sending me out an official one!

View attachment 9386

View attachment 9385

View attachment 9387

View attachment 9388

Got mine today - same haul as yours but i asked for Tom Petty - I got Bob Marley by mistake but ive not lost the love (we all make mistakes). JUst emailed @LovesVinyl so im sure they will sort me out (tagging them in here wont harm the cause tho ;)

Got mine today - same haul as yours but i asked for Tom Petty - I got Bob Marley by mistake but ive not lost the love (we all make mistakes). JUst emailed @LovesVinyl so im sure they will sort me out (tagging them in here wont harm the cause tho ;)

Yeah they made a mistake with me and fixed it by sending out the proper one with my package the following month.

Spinning Exodus at the moment, very happy with the quality. Small detail that makes the difference too, there's a poly-paper inner sleeve in addition to the standard exodus inner sleeve.

I was checking Disintegration and noticed that the matrix is stamped / etched MPO. Actually, the record looks like this one (same numbers, hype sticker, etc.)

@LovesVinyl can you confirm if it was pressed in your Dublin plant? And share more details about your pressing process and sources if possible? Thanks!

I was checking Disintegration and noticed that the matrix is stamped / etched MPO. Actually, the record looks like this one (same numbers, hype sticker, etc.)

@LovesVinyl can you confirm if it was pressed in your Dublin plant? And share more details about your pressing process and sources if possible? Thanks!

You might have more luck messaging them directly. I contacted them to change this month’s for Beck Colours and they were quick getting back

Still on the fence with this one, I don't see the appeal if they just ship you MPO or standard pressing of already available pressings that they didn't press themselves.

Am I correct in thinking that beside a little of irish local band curation there is nothing special here ?

Still on the fence with this one, I don't see the appeal if they just ship you MPO or standard pressing of already available pressings that they didn't press themselves.

Am I correct in thinking that beside a little of irish local band curation there is nothing special here ?

I think the main thing is the bonuses. If you pick up a main album you didn’t have the separation is getting a test pressing and the EP. I see what you’re getting at as all this month’s albums are very widely available

the latest shipment had records with club stickers confirming that the albums was pressed locally (I got Anne Mieke).
I believe they have confirmed that all the main albums offered are pressed locally.
So far I don't believe there's been any report of warping or bad presses (but I don't have access to ALL club customers, so this could me just a wild generalization by me

I also got a locally-pressed album too w/ my last shipment (Exodus - nice pressing quality, w/ poly-inner sleeve in addition to the standard lyrics-one). Looks like the MPO thing was a timing issue, and that all records from now one will be pressed in their Dublin plant. The bonuses are nice too, which brings a bit of curation / discovery to the club, as some ROTM are indeed widely known records.

Back