Loves Vinyl - The Record Club from Dublin Vinyl Pressing Plant

Put "Blue Lines" on in the van this morning. Turns out I never heard this album before, I dont know why I thought i did 🤷🏻‍♂️ Just familiar with the artwork perhaps. I know I bought the "Collected" compilation probably about 14 years ago on CD, starting to think now that's the only thing I ever listened to fully from them 🤔 Blue Lines is so good, I'm going to have to stick with the sub for this 👌🏼

I think it is a must have. And my vinyl copy is a very nice spin indeed. I think this is a great choice. I think A Night At The Opera is a wasted shot, especially with VMP doing an edition. I have the second album by Michael Kiwanuka and I guess he’ll be my pick this month. This club may be for a more casual collector than someone like myself but the CS seemed friendly and I was impressed with the extras. A few more swaps wouldn’t go amiss mind. I asked for this month’s to be changed to Beck Colours as I had most of the non-local albums. I’ve never bought Irish albums for Irishness sake in the past so I don’t think they should do one local every month if it isn’t top quality - in saying that i’d Love some Rory Gallagher, Thin Lizzy, Moloko, Van Morrison, Stiff Little Fingers, Christy Moore, Christie Hennessy, even something like The Fureys or Dubliners would be nice. Lots of older catalogue goodies they could stick out

Have to say I was more impressed with the three records this club offered than VMP this month. I’ve got an original Blue Lines , went in for the Queen (the first band I collected and saw live so hard to resist that white vinyl) but I was also impressed with Michael Kiwanuka as an offer as both his albums are great (got on cd) so that might be a swap option next month

Have to say I was more impressed with the three records this club offered than VMP this month. I’ve got an original Blue Lines , went in for the Queen (the first band I collected and saw live so hard to resist that white vinyl) but I was also impressed with Michael Kiwanuka as an offer as both his albums are great (got on cd) so that might be a swap option next month
I was thinking the same thing. Would really love a white press of A Night At The Opera too

Big decision. To quit VMP or not this month . Got Grace on preorder , and Al Green as next choice .
Anyone that has taken this plunge seems better for it 👍🏼 I'm too pathetic to do it 😭 I've always been on the one month sub on/off for around 5+ years now. My fear of losing the one month keeps me going back but there has been some swaps I wanted tbf

Anyone that has taken this plunge seems better for it 👍🏼 I'm too pathetic to do it 😭 I've always been on the one month sub on/off for around 5+ years now. My fear of losing the one month keeps me going back but there has been some swaps I wanted tbf
Yep, if Al Green hadn’t been in the swaps I’m sure I was gone. Staying another month , have always been on a monthly plan , but the options for swaps are getting less and less attractive every month as you get the stuff you want. They need to boost that stock some how , even if its none exclusives

Yep, if Al Green hadn’t been in the swaps I’m sure I was gone. Staying another month , have always been on a monthly plan , but the options for swaps are getting less and less attractive every month as you get the stuff you want. They need to boost that stock some how , even if its none exclusives
Totally agree. I haven't got much else I want for swaps now. I swapped 2 this month. Next month better be good

They need to lift the self imposed bullshit restriction on repressing previous ROTMs. At multi thousand pressings they were never that limited anyway. Instead they listened to whining collector first types...

They need to lift the self imposed bullshit restriction on repressing previous ROTMs. At multi thousand pressings they were never that limited anyway. Instead they listened to whining collector first types...

Agree Joe, when I joined I saw things like Beck, Queen , Sabbath and thought great that would be nice to get, and only once joined did they all come up sold out. I managed to grab an Arctic Monkeys after month 1 so that was a bonus . I can’t understand them not pressing more things like Al Green “let’s stay together” and putting them on the swaps list .

Agree Joe, when I joined I saw things like Beck, Queen , Sabbath and thought great that would be nice to get, and only once joined did they all come up sold out. I managed to grab an Arctic Monkeys after month 1 so that was a bonus . I can’t understand them not pressing more things like Al Green “let’s stay together” and putting them on the swaps list .

I don’t agree with you on let’s stay together. It was an exclusive and sold as one of five hundred. It wasn’t an ROTM track. I don’t agree with that idea in the first place but once you’ve sold something as that you can’t row back, it’s not fair. Call me 100% should be done if they think that they can sell it!

I don’t agree with you on let’s stay together. It was an exclusive and sold as one of five hundred. It wasn’t an ROTM track. I don’t agree with that idea in the first place but once you’ve sold something as that you can’t row back, it’s not fair. Call me 100% should be done if they think that they can sell it!
I’m only saying that one as I was annoyed I didn’t order it! I thought it would hang around longer ..I got The Funkadelic compilation instead. For once I showed restraint !

I have to say my self imposed (or wife imposed) buying reduction is making me appreciate what I’ve got a lot more. I’ve just filed away my cleaned records and found an awful LOT that I haven’t got round to listening too .

I’m only saying that one as I was annoyed I didn’t order it! I thought it would hang around longer ..I got The Funkadelic compilation instead. For once I showed restraint !

I have to say my self imposed (or wife imposed) buying reduction is making me appreciate what I’ve got a lot more. I’ve just filed away my cleaned records and found an awful LOT that I haven’t got round to listening too .

Haha yeah! I’m on a vinyl diet myself now and I’m definitely digging back farther into my collection too. It’s liberating. I’ve also been digging in cd bargain bins and picked up a lot of good stuff that I couldn’t justify, or get, on vinyl for pennies. The €1.50 used CDs in the Dealz stores here have been a revelation!

Back