Louisiana

@Delta Don I was thinking about hitting a record store out in Baton Rouge for RSD so I also have an excuse to go out to lunch with some friends. What store do you recommend I go to?

You didn't ask me but that's never stopped me from putting in my 2 cents before! I like Capital City Records and Pop Shop (CCR probably is a better option for RSD though, if I were to guess). It's a shame Lagniappe Records moved to Lafayette because I would demand you went there if it hadn't, just because the owners are so great.

@Delta Don I was thinking about hitting a record store out in Baton Rouge for RSD so I also have an excuse to go out to lunch with some friends. What store do you recommend I go to?
Capital city is probably going to have the most selection. I’ve gone there for one RSD and it was pretty chill. All the stuff was in one spot and you basically stay in line and browse

Like everyone else CCR is your best bet. The only problem I had with them several years ago was they didn’t order enough due to them testing the waters in what people would want.
Their regular stock and RSD is good.
They did an Instagram post last month asking what people were looking for.

To be clear CCR is a great spot. Dana is great and his son tends to do more of the day to day now and both of Dana’s kids help with selections / inventory.

also I haven’t had a good experience with pop shop since like 2014 ish. Hours are weird too.

Lots of food recommendations in area

It's a shame Lagniappe Records moved to Lafayette because I would demand you went there if it hadn't, just because the owners are so great.
if you can swing it, Lagniappe is worth the 50 minute drive. Not that Capital City is bad. but Lagniappe is definitely the one that got away :(

Please consider stopping by and grabbing food here

@nolalady

about 1-2 miles down the road from CCR
Doesn't look bad, but I'm not sure if I can avoid wheat there. Soy sauce is made with wheat, so anything that has soy sauce, I can't eat--I tried and it didn't end well. It severely limits me at Asian restaurants. Are the chicken wings breaded with anything?

Doesn't look bad, but I'm not sure if I can avoid wheat there. Soy sauce is made with wheat, so anything that has soy sauce, I can't eat--I tried and it didn't end well. It severely limits me at Asian restaurants. Are the chicken wings breaded with anything?
The wings were so amazing but I’m not sure there is a naked option.
Curbside Burgers is another good spot a little further down the road.

Louisiana about to flip the script again.

Attachments

• 5CD39D75-C110-4C84-9EBD-E3AE781AFCC1.jpeg
    5CD39D75-C110-4C84-9EBD-E3AE781AFCC1.jpeg
    427 KB · Views: 11
Thinking about putting a little listening sesh together for next weekend. Anyone interested?? If so what works best…Saturday or Sunday? I’m in Slidell.

Hey y’all, thinking about ya this weekend. Stay safe with Ida. Aug. 29 must be cursed or something for hurricanes.

I’m still super mixed too. I keep thinking about last year when I was out of power for a week. That sucked. Just talked to my neighbor and he’s staying so at least he can keep an eye on my house for damage. My fiancé is in Birmingham finishing school and wants me to come there but I don’t know. I figure I’m going to make an educated guess in the morning depending on what it does overnight??

I’m still super mixed too. I keep thinking about last year when I was out of power for a week. That sucked. Just talked to my neighbor and he’s staying so at least he can keep an eye on my house for damage. My fiancé is in Birmingham finishing school and wants me to come there but I don’t know. I figure I’m going to make an educated guess in the morning depending on what it does overnight??
This is where I’m at too.

Back