Louisiana

@EmeryRK @Delta Don @nolalady things are looking up since leaving the Mushroom, finally! Was working at a print shop, but it was wayyyy to industrial to be anywhere close to fun and informative in order to help me learn what I needed to to start my own clothing line. And other then that it's basically just been uber and the occasional nefarious activity. BUT! Danielle over at White Roach is gonna take me on part time and I will definitely be working the Black Friday RSD!!!! So make sure to stop by please!

I also recently sold about 150 records between White Roach and Nola Mix from my personal collection so if you're looking for some fairly price and impeccable selection of vinyl check them out.

@EmeryRK @Delta Don @nolalady things are looking up since leaving the Mushroom, finally! Was working at a print shop, but it was wayyyy to industrial to be anywhere close to fun and informative in order to help me learn what I needed to to start my own clothing line. And other then that it's basically just been uber and the occasional nefarious activity. BUT! Danielle over at White Roach is gonna take me on part time and I will definitely be working the Black Friday RSD!!!! So make sure to stop by please!

I also recently sold about 150 records between White Roach and Nola Mix from my personal collection so if you're looking for some fairly price and impeccable selection of vinyl check them out.
Love Danielle. She is what makes The White Roach worth every visit. Nice selection and super friendly.

What did you end up selling there?

Love Danielle. She is what makes The White Roach worth every visit. Nice selection and super friendly.

What did you end up selling there?
Man hard to even remember I got rid of a huge selection of my classic rock, jazz, and indie stuff.

Capital City Records was great! It was nice to find several things I’m always looking out for!
CCR is great. What kinda stuff were you able to find there ?
Pop Shop was only good the first year or two they were open and then they were concerned about money. Haven’t been since new owners took over but made a few calls to inquire if they had something and or could be ordered and they couldn’t have cared any less.

Pop Shop was only good the first year or two they were open and then they were concerned about money. Haven’t been since new owners took over but made a few calls to inquire if they had something and or could be ordered and they couldn’t have cared any less.
the true champ was Lagniappe Records, but they were priced out of their shop in Beauregard Town by their landlord and moved to Lafayette :(

They had a nice classic alternative/punk section that you don’t always see at shops. He was very friendly and super nice.

We went to Pop Shop today and I didn’t think I would find anything since they seemed to have a small selection but I found a couple things.

the true champ was Lagniappe Records, but they were priced out of their shop in Beauregard Town by their landlord and moved to Lafayette :(

Yes! Lagniappe is our usual store. It’s over an hour drive so we go maybe 4-5 times a year at most. They don’t always have what I’m in the market for but when I do, it’s good times and my husband is happy with their country section.

I think what you meant to say is that Louisiana is living it’s best life.

Tigers and Saints are playing excellent football.

It’s a bye week this week , but Lizzo and the human jukebox are collaborating , Ye will be in BR on Friday , and Popeyes has the chicken sandwich coming back on Sunday.

If anyone wants to go to something really special. Airlift (the group that built Music Box Village, and many other amazing pieces of art) are having their 10 year Anniversary at the Contemporary Arts Center...Will feature Avey & Deakin from Animal Collective screening some of the footage from the shows they did last year (which I was at) and then perform back to back with Lost Bayou Ramblers on a one-off piece called 'Porch Life'. Then a bunch of other artists are coming through as well. Check it out.

Back