Louisiana

chris_d_cole

We had a semi-active New Orleans thread on the dead forum. So I figured we need one here too, just more inclusive to the other beautiful cities in our state!

So hit the drive-thru daq shop, grab a tray of crawfish and post about Louisiana life! Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Teeeee

As long as you’re passionate about the discussion of inspection sticker vs brake tag
I had my mechanic lined up to "bribe" every renewal period. Cause my car was old as eff and wouldn't have passed otherwise.

It amuses me that a very big part of mechanic's income was from people in my same situation.

chris_d_cole

I had my mechanic lined up to "bribe" every renewal period. Cause my car was old as eff and wouldn't have passed otherwise.

It amuses me that a very big part of mechanic's income was from people in my same situation.
In my home town, we got ours at a gun shop. He never inspected anything. Handed those suckers out like candy.

Probably the guns too, if I had to guess...

Teeeee

In my home town, we got ours at a gun shop. He never inspected anything. Handed those suckers out like candy.

I'll never forget my righteous indignation the first time a friend told me I had to slip the mechanic a bit extra. I WOULD NEVER! That is against the law! Lol.

Ah, to be young and blissfully unaware again.

SKOT FREE

Shiiiii Lol in Los Angeles you gotta have your shady mechanic on call. Man I remember I owned a 1986 Toyota Corolla G-TS and the very year my car would have hit the exemption on the Emiisions test, they decided to force me to get a emissions test every single year after 2006. Anyway I found this stuff that I swear even though my car would fail the Nos emissions, I put this stuff if my oil, Then run it 30 miles and then go straight to the tester, it passed every single time and this wasn’t on the same vehicles. I think it was called blue sky engine treatment.

Delta Don

chris_d_cole

Has anyone in the Baton Rouge area been to Mid City Ballroom?
yep. been to a couple of shows. very small, intimate venue. I don’t know for sure, but it seems like a gutted out church (assumption based solely on the stained glass)

parking can be a little tricky depending on the show, but it’s on a main street and easy to get to.

girlnevergoesout

I went last night. Super cool venue. The owner is the worst. I’m really bummed because it’s a great place to see a show.

Delta Don