Boring!

SN3N6433_zpsp8akt2og.jpg

the hated cd's, squirreled away...

SN3N6434_zpsf5r8hlce.jpg

tapes!

SN3N6435_zpsfoc7wojz.jpg

f-z of 7"s

SN3N6436_zpsyfjxewaq.jpg

How many just LPs do you think you have?

Pretty sure all the Expedits are built like that, no?

They are, but they specifically market the 2x4's as being able to be vertical or horizontal. Could be the dowells are rated differently?? Who knows. I'm sure there's some physics involved...and weight distribution. I haven't had issues with my one 2x4 being horizontal with the short boards horizontal...you see the 2x4 kallax being used horizontally more often than not, as it makes a good TT stand.

The 4x4's have specific instructions that they are to be oriented the one way.

They are, but they specifically market the 2x4's as being able to be vertical or horizontal. Could be the dowells are rated differently?? Who knows. I'm sure there's some physics involved...and weight distribution. I haven't had issues with my one 2x4 being horizontal with the short boards horizontal...you see the 2x4 kallax being used horizontally more often than not, as it makes a good TT stand.

The 4x4's have specific instructions that they are to be oriented the one way.

I have no experience with Kallaxes at all. Give me Expedits or give me death!

I have no experience with Kallaxes at all. Give me Expedits or give me death!

My first 2 were an Expedit 4x4 and 2x4 and was pissed when they went to the Kallax. I now also have a Kallax 4x4, 2x4, and 1x4 to go along with some cheap Amazon box things I was trying out....I may swap that to a 2x4 at some point.

I got an used Expedit 5x5 last year from a friend moving to Vietnam, so I've got a lot of storage at the ready.

My first 2 were an Expedit 4x4 and 2x4 and was pissed when they went to the Kallax. I now also have a Kallax 4x4, 2x4, and 1x4 to go along with some cheap Amazon box things I was trying out....I may swap that to a 2x4 at some point.

I got an used Expedit 5x5 last year from a friend moving to Vietnam, so I've got a lot of storage at the ready.

I have two 5x5's and a 4x4 and I got two of the three off the local Craigslist.. so always keep an eye out there! Lots of people used to get rid of their expedits on there although things may have changed with the rise of vinyls.. although you can probably still get 5x5s..

Back