Let's See Your Collection! Any Size!

Just wedged in there. They cut very easily. I made them a quarter inch too big. They get pushed up against the attached hardboard.

Kris, I like the pool noodle idea. Gives a rounded edge for the albums to nudge up against. I had a similar idea. I used 3/4" square dowels painted black and glued into the back of the Kallax shelf and used 3/4" insulation strips adhered to the dowels.

My greatest moment...recreated:

Top left is with a pool noodle. All others are with the records pushed to the back. I have a piece of hardboard nailed to the back of the Kallax. I bought 3 pool/swim noodles at toys r us for under $8. Much better solution than PVC pipe or wrapping paper tubes. They cut easily with a serrated knife or scissors.

You can buy hardboard at any home improvement store. They'll cut it for you in Home Depot. Just attach it with some brads and you're golden.

{Edit] You can buy pool noodles in any color too. I bought black ones on Amazon to match my shelves and you really can't see them if the shelves aren't full. Who am I kidding, I have no empty shelves, lol.
View attachment 81
This is such a good idea. Easy to do and affordable for all (unless it's a gold plated noodle). Will certainly be doing this.

My collection in its current state:
BE1ED6BA-DFC7-4400-AA93-52C37D4F84AB.jpeg
Top is the system and general music section (just remembered I need to add details in my sig). Those who have seen pics before will note I’ve done some work some work on the prints.

Bottom is the cleaning station across the room. First cube is creep of general section. Next five are the Jazz section. Then classical, then new arrivals (cleaned not spun, not cleaned are behind the stack of books) and Christmas. It’s time for a new shelf.

Back