Let's See Your Collection! Any Size!

I have a section for 80’s….the garbage can 🤣

Seriously I can’t listen to most of the stuff released in the 80’s
80's Popular music I can kinda get, the production that definied the sound certantly isn't everyones cup of tea.

But man, the 80's are the absolute motherload of Hardcore, Post-Punk, First wave Indie-Rock, Noise rock, and Thrash and Death Metal.

If you like noisey shit, theres an infinite amount of music to discover.

80's Popular music I can kinda get, the production that definied the sound certantly isn't everyones cup of tea.

But man, the 80's are the absolute motherload of Hardcore, Post-Punk, First wave Indie-Rock, Noise rock, and Thrash and Death Metal.

If you like noisey shit, theres an infinite amount of music to discover.
Yes, I meant that 80’s sound signature with synth and cheesy sax. So mostly pop stuff. Not into noisy music, but there’s still bands from the 80’s that I love like the Clash, Metallica… BUT, most of the bands from the 60/70 that I like, I’m not a fan of their 80’s periods in general (Bowie, Pink Floyd…). Just my tastes.

Not much has changed with my records...

20210626_144643.jpg

I did finally clean up my Blu-ray's and put my DVD's in some sort of alphabetical order, though.

20210626_144544.jpg

This is all my horror/exploitation/grindhouse stuff...

20210626_144901 (2).jpg

This is all the other DVD's....I really haven't watched a DVD in quite some time, and my wife just wants me to get rid of them. I'm sure I can weed some out, but I can't get rid of them just yet.

20210626_144922.jpg

Last edited:
It's a Sphinx v2, and I've been thinking a lot about getting some Zu Audio speakers lately!
Nice! I bought a 3 in February and am really enjoying it. You might want to hold off until December or even next year as their supply chain has been causing major delays with their Dirty Weekend orders from March. Looks like they’ve increased their prices and some finishes aren’t available.

Yes, I meant that 80’s sound signature with synth and cheesy sax. So mostly pop stuff. Not into noisy music, but there’s still bands from the 80’s that I love like the Clash, Metallica… BUT, most of the bands from the 60/70 that I like, I’m not a fan of their 80’s periods in general (Bowie, Pink Floyd…). Just my tastes.
May I humbly suggest Mr Colin Newman, of Wire?

Quickly running out of space….
Mainly jazz on the 1st shelf, box sets in the corner, electronic/ambient/ hip hop on the wall shelving. Classical under the speakers. New purchases by the record player….. the rest is organised alphabetically..View attachment 108098
Beautiful! Running out of space is the inevitable side effect of this hobby :)

Quickly running out of space….
Mainly jazz on the 1st shelf, box sets in the corner, electronic/ambient/ hip hop on the wall shelving. Classical under the speakers. New purchases by the record player….. the rest is organised alphabetically..View attachment 108098
Looks fantastic and do I spy the Miles Davis - At Newport 1955-1975 from the bootleg series? Very nice, seems to go for a pretty penny nowadays.

Looks fantastic and do I spy the Miles Davis - At Newport 1955-1975 from the bootleg series? Very nice, seems to go for a pretty penny nowadays.
Yup, picked it up from discogs in Jan for £130 which I thought was a decent enough price. Box is a bit worn, but vinyl was/is minty

Yup, picked it up from discogs in Jan for £130 which I thought was a decent enough price. Box is a bit worn, but vinyl was/is minty
Great find! Looks like the cheapest listed on Discogs at the moment is £320.

I had a copy of the Volume 1 set arrive over the weekend and I can't wait to dig in. I have Volume 5 as well (the Freedom Jazz Dance) which is a great one but tracks do cut off abruptly at times which is offputting.

Back