Let's See Your Collection! Any Size!

Looks great! But yeah, also looks like you're reaching your limit. :D I've yet to find a definitive solution to that problem, since it seems the newer the shelf space, the faster it fills!
Yeah, I've got space reserved for the items I anticipate receiving in the next few weeks. But its tight and I anticipate there being some issue when I ask to buy more shelving.

Yeah, I've got space reserved for the items I anticipate receiving in the next few weeks. But its tight and I anticipate there being some issue when I ask to buy more shelving.
I hear that. :oops: I've been moving stuff around to create room on shelves that are already in place, but the records waiting to be shelved are laughing at my efforts LOL (I'm laughing too.)
shelf.jpg

So... important lesson, the better homes and garden “cubes” are not cubes. I have a bunch of useless doors currently. However, after careful deliberation with my wife. I will be amping up my current storage abilities and this is the last time you guys will see my set up configured as such:
4B8AEDCF-4CD4-4671-AB99-D4636D11D294.jpeg
more to come.

I could have sworn that I had posted in this thread before. Don’t have a dedicated room, so the main listening area is in our living room. The first 2 Kallax house records A-K with the last 2 cubes filled with box sets.

38CE18BA-C19B-4280-B1D7-9E3D9672FE07.jpeg

The last 2 Kallax units are in the dinning room. Containing K-Z, a few 10 inch records, soundtracks and seasonal tunes.

0B9FD4D5-7A3C-466D-BB3B-0D4DD8777E6D.jpeg

The CD collection is currently in the garage and I’d love to be able to bring it back in the house. One my goals this year is to starting culling the vinyl and probably downsizing my cassette collection. 🤞🏻

I could have sworn that I had posted in this thread before. Don’t have a dedicated room, so the main listening area is in our living room. The first 2 Kallax house records A-K with the last 2 cubes filled with box sets.

View attachment 96255

The last 2 Kallax units are in the dinning room. Containing K-Z, a few 10 inch records, soundtracks and seasonal tunes.

View attachment 96257

The CD collection is currently in the garage and I’d love to be able to bring it back in the house. One my goals this year is to starting culling the vinyl and probably downsizing my cassette collection. 🤞🏻
Love the look of that tape deck.

There is a bit more work to do. Some finishing touches on cable management. I have to get some screws to feel comfortable tilting the speakers. Then patch the hole from where the guitar use to hang, get a bin to hide the modem and alarm system, and hang art, but this is the gist (with doors on the bottom row that I still have to install.)
6649814E-B1FC-45D6-BE29-189DA9EF42B7.jpeg

There is a bit more work to do. Some finishing touches on cable management. I have to get some screws to feel comfortable tilting the speakers. Then patch the hole from where the guitar use to hang, get a bin to hide the modem and alarm system, and hang art, but this is the gist (with doors on the bottom row that I still have to install.)
View attachment 96872

Looking fantastic Lee! Also makes me feel a little better about the size of my own 😂

Did you find a new home in the listening room for all of the prints that you used to have above the old set up?

Last edited:
Looking fantastic Lee! Also makes me feel a little better about the size of my own 😂

Did you find a new home in the listening room for all of the prints that you used to have above the old set up?
We’ve got an empty wall in the record room where we will put a similar grouping with the Beatles piece. I also have some that we’ve never put up.

side note, so the console has those metal legs and the old spots in the floor that created noise and skips are showing back up. I ordered some iso pucks, which I was excited about just to prevent those issues... however, mounting the speakers to the wall had a side effect of isolating them and even my wife remarked at how much better they sound, and this is with a seriously compromised placement. That’s got me really excited to see what these fancy feet pads do.

Spent some time today getting a few posters on the walls in the new house office/record and entertainment room. It's coming together nicely. Looking forward to getting some new storage cabinets built to have a little more room for records and something that will hopefully be sturdy and functional with a look more fit to the room. Happy to be where it is now though.

EE6C2D27-C95A-46E8-A96C-22409FA55402.jpeg567BA9B7-FEFE-4627-9F5E-B34B97A3B4E9.jpeg9647B187-3DC4-4EAA-8B01-44D14D4561C8.jpeg

Spent some time today getting a few posters on the walls in the new house office/record and entertainment room. It's coming together nicely. Looking forward to getting some new storage cabinets built to have a little more room for records and something that will hopefully be sturdy and functional with a look more fit to the room. Happy to be where it is now though.

View attachment 100374View attachment 100373View attachment 100375
Looks awesome!

Beautiful, one of these days............

Looks fantastic! The Tom Waits poster looks great!

You could always do a couple Kalax 5X5 like @Lee Newman on the same wall and probably be set for life or one of those and stack your two 2x4 ? But hardwood is certainly more solid. Just beware that wood prices have gone through the roof recently.

Back