Let's See Your Collection! Any Size!

Finally got a second Kallax. It’s not easy getting this to fit in an NYC apartment, but I’m so happy to have everything in one place. Need to rearrange some of the stuff on top, but reorganizing my collection has been the highlight of my week
do you have something behind the shelves to keep the records flush? I’ve been meaning to do that to mine but since I’m moving in less than a year I’ll just do it before I get them situated after moving.

do you have something behind the shelves to keep the records flush? I’ve been meaning to do that to mine but since I’m moving in less than a year I’ll just do it before I get them situated after moving.
i really like the turntable revival backspacers.

i know you can make your own for cheaper either with wood or the ol pool noodle trick but these are nice looking and work really well. i ended up gluing mine on with gorilla glue and clamping them overnight but they also come with double sided adhesive squares.

i prefer the skinny ones as the records don't go past the edge of the shelving with those (they are inset a little bit). i think with the full-size ones the records either go right to the edge or a little past it? they also make them for walmart or target brand shelves too which are slightly different size.

i know you can make your own for cheaper either with wood or the ol pool noodle trick but these are nice looking and work really well. i ended up gluing mine on with gorilla glue and clamping them overnight but they also come with double sided adhesive squares.

i prefer the skinny ones as the records don't go past the edge of the shelving with those (they are inset a little bit). i think with the full-size ones the records either go right to the edge or a little past it? they also make them for walmart or target brand shelves too which are slightly different size.
Awesome! Good to know as I also wouldn’t want them to overhang a bit. I have a few weird shape gatefolds that probably would stick out.

Awesome! Good to know as I also wouldn’t want them to overhang a bit. I have a few weird shape gatefolds that probably would stick out.
i annoyingly ordered the regular size last time and installed one and realized it was different to all my other shelves. i emailed CS and they let me swap them out, I think i just had to pay return shipping because it was my fault completely.

They do seem to sell out every once in awhile then takes awhile to restock but i think its a great product. if you have access to a saw and some wood though could easily do it yourself. i'm just lazy...

I don’t (will look into the above spacers). I have a bit of a compulsion with fixing them so need to do something

Gorilla glue is the way to go. I've been going through the cubes while rearranging some things and pulling them all up and gluing down.

Definitely nicer than records on the floor beside and behind a stack of crates full of records and a bunch of other records in boxes and crates stashed under the currently unused bottom bunk in the older kid's room! 🫣
Hahaha! Yeah, that doesn't feel especially good....except for all those records. ;)

Have you seen this? It's a complete fucking takeover and the records won.

Last edited:
Hahaha! Yeah, that doesn't feel especially good....except for all those records. ;)

This is literally my wife's nightmare!

Hahaha! The fear of this is real!

I keep having purges but then leaving the purged records in boxes in my spare room that I do nothing with…

I really need to take them down to the store this year!

Back