Let's See Your Collection! Any Size!

So I have the majority of my CD collection in binders. My wife wants me to get most of the remainder of the collection in binders and I’m cool with this from a space perspective.

I am thinking about keeping a few prized ones (that I don’t already have in binders for whatever reason) out and lining them on the top of the kallax, like this:

IMG_6521.jpeg

What do you guys think? I do believe I am gonna take those book sets (Bela Fleck and Intrigue) and put them in a cube with long box sized books and the record sized boxes.

So I have the majority of my CD collection in binders. My wife wants me to get most of the remainder of the collection in binders and I’m cool with this from a space perspective.

I am thinking about keeping a few prized ones (that I don’t already have in binders for whatever reason) out and lining them on the top of the kallax, like this:

View attachment 196353

What do you guys think? I do believe I am gonna take those book sets (Bela Fleck and Intrigue) and put them in a cube with long box sized books and the record sized boxes.
Just my opinion, so please disregard, but it looks messy/busy with the individual jewel cases. I think it would look better if you just kept the CD box sets there.

All righty… stuff is in place and record collection has some room to breath again.

Still need to hang pictures and stuff, but this is the general layout of the record room these days.

The main collection (rock, hip hop, country, etc). The doors on the unit on the right have the various artists and soundtracks, classical is down there too, about four cubes altogether. The Ube Cube and the records underneath the cd player are the ones going through their listens before being shelved. The system lives here too:
IMG_6708.jpeg

The listening chair:
IMG_6710.jpeg

The new Kallax, Jazz is the records that are on the top two shelves. Hoped to use the drawers for sleeves (it ain’t big enough for the 12 in sleeves, so the tens and sevens are in there). Music books and cd sets live here too. The crates are my tens and sevens. (I still need to build another 7 crate):IMG_6711.jpeg

Finally, the cleaning station and intake. Cube bins have my 12 inch sleeves in them. The bottom left cube is the kid’s collection. The rest on this shelf needs to be cleaned (😳). The ubes cubes at the end - the white is Christmas, the one on top, which is full, are cleaned and waiting to be played. I’ll be hanging the guitar here and the wife wants me to build some shelves to show off some records:
IMG_6709.jpeg

All righty, got things in a good place for the time being. The view from the listening chair:
IMG_6781.jpeg

The new Kallax. Bit of fun - that Kendra Morris cover doesn’t fit in any of the “album cover” frames I have. So looking into fixing that.
IMG_6778.jpeg

The intake “kallax” and final home of the guitar. After I build the display racks, will move the Beatles over some.
IMG_6779.jpeg

Back