Let's See Your Collection! Any Size!

the new place allows me to have all my media in one room, which is nice. glad it's finally all set up.

cTBJ8AM.jpg

jCueb1y.jpg

BUeDDN3.jpg

d1GYGAK.jpg

K7VF5qU.jpg
Your media room is bigger than my apartment in San Francisco! Very nice.

the new place allows me to have all my media in one room, which is nice. glad it's finally all set up.

cTBJ8AM.jpg

jCueb1y.jpg

BUeDDN3.jpg

d1GYGAK.jpg

K7VF5qU.jpg

Looks like a big space! Can't be sure from the pics but what do you do about the sun coming through the windows? Any of it hit media directly? (I only ask because this is something I struggle with on occasion.)

the area is maybe 10x30 (so, yes, could be more room than at many san fran apartments and at 1/3 cost... i feel for you folks) and operates as my own living room in a house i share. on the wall you can't see is my tv/games. it is the basement area, requiring a dehumidifier be on almost all the time, and i haven't yet thought about what to do with the sunlight. at my old place, where i also had the basement for my living area but was divided into two rooms, i just put old pillows in the windows as they fit perfectly and were easily removable for when i wanted light- i didn't need it to look pretty. but this is a little nicer looking, so i may not want to be so careless about it. i guess we'll see. the window above the record player faces directly southwest, so that may be the one to be concerned with.

Today was new Kallax day. It actually arrived at 6:30 am Friday morning, which is coincidently when I discovered that my lift was out of action :rolleyes: Anyway, put it together today and now the grand re-sorting begins....

View attachment 55180
View attachment 55181

Nice. The difference between “hoarding” and “collecting” can come down to storage solutions and organizing. My backroom - hoarding. Music room - Collection.

Banish them! Remove hinges, fill and paint holes, fill with space with records, sit and revel in vinyl’ly glory!
Yes this is the likely outcome. Also old radio bookends would work for box sets... Might be the plan...

So that's what my record collection /storage looks like 🙂IMG_20200705_222224.jpg

IMG_20200705_222347.jpg

And this is my new Kallax shelf which I've bought in March, glad to have lots of more storage room for future vinyl. 🔮🙂 I've put my turntable and amp on it and so far it works very well.

IMG_20200705_223203.jpg

And this is a part of my CD collection, it's in another room.

IMG_20200705_215412.jpg

Back