Let's See What Makes Your Vinyl Spin!

I don’t think I’ve ever shared my setup, so…

27C34550-857A-42A8-81E7-67B92C4BB1C9.jpeg

VPI Aries 1, currently with a Dynavector 10x5 (while the Soundsmith is getting retipped)
Sutherland 20/20 phono preamp
Primaluna Dialogue Premium Integrated
Focal Chorus 826v towers (w/IsoAcoustic Gaia III’s)
Interconnects and speaker cables are from SignalCable

Buying used has gotten me an incredible system for a bit less than half of what it would cost new.

Last edited:
I don’t think I’ve ever shared my setup, so…

View attachment 96132

VPI Aries 1, currently with a Dynavector 10x5 (while the Soundsmith is getting retipped)
Sutherland 20/20 phono preamp
Primaluna Dialogue Premium Integrated
Focal Chorus 826v towers (w/IsoAcoustic Gaia III’s)
Interconnects and speaker cables are from SignalCable

Buying used has gotten me an incredible system for a bit less than half of what it would cost new.
What tonearm are you using?

Added a 2.25" thick, 25lb Maple Block under my VPI this weekend (per Harry Weisfeld's recommendation). Better isolation, definition, detail, bass, less noise. It's sitting on 4 compressed raquetballs (DIY Ginko Cloud) on a DIY wall shelf (Home Depot). The motor pod is on a Belkin mouse pad for separate isolation.

20210510_094146.jpg

Last edited:
I saw one of these in the listening room of an acquaintance once. It was one of three tables he had in there and my favorite by far.
I bet the bass was startling ? I heard one playing a Little Richard record once and was gobsmacked. He has a Fairchild belt drive with wooden tonearm now thats also very good. Many of those vintage Idler wheel's have great low end. A lot of the 301's end up in Japan in the hands of audiophile connoisseur's there for big money.

I bet the bass was startling ? I heard one playing a Little Richard record once and was gobsmacked. He has a Fairchild belt drive with wooden tonearm now thats also very good. Many of those vintage Idler wheel's have great low end. A lot of the 301's end up in Japan in the hands of audiophile connoisseur's there for big money.
All the gear in that room was probably the best I’ll ever hear. I don’t remember how different the Garrard sounded compared to the others, but it looked great and the idler wheel design is fascinating.

Back