Let's See What Makes Your Vinyl Spin!

Is the Chisto Easy Groove good for deep scrubbing with Mofi brush before it goes to machine for a vacuum clean ? Do you use it straight or with the distilled water in sprayer ?

Do you need a rack for drying, or does it dry fairly quicly on it's own without a drying cloth ?

Last edited:
Is the Chisto Easy Groove good for deep scrubbing with Mofi brush before it goes to machine for a vacuum wash ? Do you use it straight or with the distilled water in sprayer ?

Do you need a rack for drying, or does it dry fairly quicly on it's own without a drying cloth ?
Great for scrubbing, I have it diluted with distilled water (1 gallon), it'll be dry seconds after vacuuming ;)

Is the Chisto Easy Groove good for deep scrubbing with Mofi brush before it goes to machine for a vacuum clean ? Do you use it straight or with the distilled water in sprayer ?

It’s designed to be used with a record vacuum. They do make a solution designed for hand cleaning.

Oooooh I got some of these and a tube of super strength glue with them!

Oooooh I got some of these and a tube of super strength glue with them!

1613178596504.png ;)

The only thing that does my head in slightly is that because I don’t want to see the groove upwards or an upside down IKEA logo the foot to the left is slightly asymmetrical. I mostly forget but every now again... lol
Ya, I stared at these long and hard because of those same things, but they're going groove down and Ikea logo to the back ;)

Ya, I stared at these long and hard because of those same things, but they're going groove down and Ikea logo to the back ;)

Yeah and also I think that with glue and the feet they worked out about €25 each which is a big bit cheaper than designed and sold for purpose ones!

Yeah and also I think that with glue and the feet they works out about €25 each which is a big bit cheaper than designed and sold for purpose ones!
I almost went with the Audio Butcher Block ones, they ran $72 with no feet, then the more I looked at cutting boards and noticed these bamboo boards that are just about 1/4" smaller on each end than the Butcher Block and were only $20 it was an easy choice.

I'm at $45 for each base, so I got two for about what one Butcher Block would have cost me.

I almost went with the Audio Butcher Block ones, they ran $72 with no feet, then the more I looked at cutting boards and noticed these bamboo boards that are just about 1/4" smaller on each end than the Butcher Block and were only $20 it was an easy choice.

I'm at $45 for each base, so I got two for about what one Butcher Block would have cost me.
Hmmmmmm.....

Not to sure how effective bamboo is as isolation tbh although it does look aestetically nice. Many believe maple or harder woods are more effective for turntable isolation. For turntable try using raquetballs (or Ginko replacement balls) between the vibrapods and wood, sort of like a DIY Ginko platform. I use older mousepad pieces under my VPI's feet and motor that work well. Some people also like to put there tables on sandboxes for isolation. You can make one for about $50.

Last edited:
Not to sure how effective bamboo is as isolation tbh although it does look aestetically nice. Many believe maple or harder woods are more effective for turntable isolation. For turntable try using raquetballs (or Ginko replacement balls) between the vibrapods and wood, sort of like a DIY Ginko platform. I use older mousepad pieces under my VPI's feet and motor that work well. Some people also like to put there tables on sandboxes for isolation. You can make one for about $50.
I'm sure it'll be fine, Bamboo ranks pretty well on a hardness scale (Janka) at 1300. In comparison, oak sits at 1360 and maple at 1450, so while harder we're not talking balsa wood.

Any noticeable difference?
Well, I had a marble slab under my UD before going to the bamboo so if anything it sounds the same, so it's just as effective. I haven't had a chance to hear the effect on the PLX as of yet, there was no prior isolation board under that TT.

currently staring at my set-up. wondering how THE HECK I can get better lights on this thing.

What is everyone's way of lighting your area?

I find that when i actually sit and listen to my records, it's around sundown. I have an ~ok~ floor lamp that's servicable but once it sets in I usually am in pretty dim lighting. Kinda want to make it brighter by the records specifically.

Obviously another floor lamp would probably fix the darkness, but i'm wondering if anyone here has any specific lighting they think work for their set-ups .

currently staring at my set-up. wondering how THE HECK I can get better lights on this thing.

What is everyone's way of lighting your area?

I find that when i actually sit and listen to my records, it's around sundown. I have an ~ok~ floor lamp that's servicable but once it sets in I usually am in pretty dim lighting. Kinda want to make it brighter by the records specifically.

Obviously another floor lamp would probably fix the darkness, but i'm wondering if anyone here has any specific lighting they think work for their set-ups .

Im using this lamp over my turntable and I love it, stylish and functional and is more task lighting over the turntable than wider room lighting. I stole the idea from some Canadian or other on here who was using one.

5E3BC79B-E74D-45AE-B1EF-AD0AAAB409FF.jpeg

Back