Let's See What Makes Your Vinyl Spin!

currently staring at my set-up. wondering how THE HECK I can get better lights on this thing.

What is everyone's way of lighting your area?

I find that when i actually sit and listen to my records, it's around sundown. I have an ~ok~ floor lamp that's servicable but once it sets in I usually am in pretty dim lighting. Kinda want to make it brighter by the records specifically.

Obviously another floor lamp would probably fix the darkness, but i'm wondering if anyone here has any specific lighting they think work for their set-ups .
I have a simple clip light from Ikea, I'm sure they would have a solution for you ;)
20210219_185642.jpg

Im using this lamp over my turntable and I love it, stylish and functional and is more task lighting over the turntable than wider room lighting. I stole the idea from some Canadian or other on here who was using one.

View attachment 88899
how is it when opening the dust cover?

Finally moved the old living room speakers into our nook for the bedroom setup. My wife works from home so she occasionally likes to listen to records. She had commented that the old old Bose speakers weren’t cutting it anymore because of the Dirty Weekends 😁. Going to keep it nice and simple here.

F4E43312-6F28-4C3A-A16B-86103B0EF9FE.jpeg

I ordered this media stand back in August I think, from Tomfoolery Wood Co, after seeing @kvetcha get a custom unit from them last year. It's pretty big, but we're getting used to it. The fit and finish is outstanding. Solid walnut with wood/glue joinery.

This is the first time I can see everything that makes my vinyl spin all at once. My last TV stand was too small, so I had to keep my 19" Chinook sideways. I've got some chunks of wood supporting it for the moment, mostly out of paranoia, due to how badly my last TV stand was bowing after years and years of weight on it.

Before:
20200619_131308.jpg

Now:
20210226_150133.jpg
20210226_150218.jpg
20210226_150317.jpg
20210226_132728.jpg

I ordered this media stand back in August I think, from Tomfoolery Wood Co, after seeing @kvetcha get a custom unit from them last year. It's pretty big, but we're getting used to it. The fit and finish is outstanding. Solid walnut with wood/glue joinery.

This is the first time I can see everything that makes my vinyl spin all at once. My last TV stand was too small, so I had to keep my 19" Chinook sideways. I've got some chunks of wood supporting it for the moment, mostly out of paranoia, due to how badly my last TV stand was bowing after years and years of weight on it.

Before:
View attachment 89874

Now:
View attachment 89875
View attachment 89876
View attachment 89877
View attachment 89878
Stunning, looks amazing.

Before:
View attachment 89874

Now:
View attachment 89875
View attachment 89876
View attachment 89877
View attachment 89878
I see that you have the Gaias in place. How’re they working out?

I see that you have the Gaias in place. How’re they working out?

Looks great @Splunders! What feet are you using on your Zus?
They are the IsoAcoustics Gaia III feet.

I like them. They reduce room interaction, and as a result the presentation is more clear top to bottom. It's kind of like putting on a pair of glasses you didnt know you needed. Soundstaging is more specific. I've picked up on details I hadn't heard before on some records. Its all relative, but I think the improvement/refinement they bring to my system is in line with their cost.

Back