Let's See What Makes Your Vinyl Spin!

Holy hell. Very nice.
I've been dreaming of getting Rossos since I first heard them. These are really designed for a smaller room, which is exactly what I'm working with in a bedroom. All the detail, with smoothness to listen for hours on end. They reach fairly deep, but without too much slam keeping the midrange all in check. I think a lot of people might want more bass. I could always move to a higher power solid state down the road if I want to bring in a little more slam, but honestly I think the amp/speaker combo is safe for awhile. 20 watts is getting by just fine in my opinion.

I think DAC / Streamer separates are up next when I save up for them. No rush there though. :)

I've been dreaming of getting Rossos since I first heard them. These are really designed for a smaller room, which is exactly what I'm working with in a bedroom. All the detail, with smoothness to listen for hours on end. They reach fairly deep, but without too much slam keeping the midrange all in check. I think a lot of people might want more bass. I could always move to a higher power solid state down the road if I want to bring in a little more slam, but honestly I think the amp/speaker combo is safe for awhile. 20 watts is getting by just fine in my opinion.

I think DAC / Streamer separates are up next when I save up for them. No rush there though. :)
Those are end game speakers.

Those are end game speakers.
Well, via some friends I've spent some solid time with the Series 2 Volterra and Sienna. The Sienna with Norma mono blocks might be one of my all time favorite systems, but they require a good amount of space too. I think the Volterra 2 is true end game. Way way outside of my budget, but that's the dream speaker in my mind.

But these are pretty safe until I'm ready to make serious investments in the front end. So they could be my end game, lol.

New speakers in the system! Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo.
Got them at a very generous price as a wedding/housewarming gift. Just getting them dialed in but I am instantly ecstatic! :) :) :)

View attachment 66157
View attachment 66159

That's certainly better than a toaster.

We need some details with this one!
I see some tube mono blocks, a tube preamp, Bluesound Node, PS Audio Power Plant, a TT I can't identify, and a couple more black boxes that have me curious (dac and disc spinner maybe?)
And is that a custom rack too?

This austen system looks cool and has my attention!
I see a Manley Chinook phono, a PrimaLuna preamp, the bluesound node 2i, and I THINK two DIY Elekit tube amps. The ones that are Stereophile A rated I believe. And two cat tree bass traps.

Well, the empty space left by the Musical Fidelity was filled, I hope the MF doesn't have hurt feeling being replaced while in the hospital awaiting testing and diagnosis Chalk one up for used gear, new brand for me, but very excited to include it in the system. Kudos to our resident used gear Yoda, @HiFi Guy for the guidance ;)

Will post pics when it arrives :)

Just as an FYI, this is what the Musical Fidelity was doing on start up every time. I couldn't help but feel it was something that was just going to get worse over time. The good news, MD was able to recreate the problem, now it's on it's way to MF to see if it can be fixed, replaced or return/credit. Unfortunately the time line was "...........it could take a few months to see what Musical Fidelity recommends".

Just as an FYI, this is what the Musical Fidelity was doing on start up every time. I couldn't help but feel it was something that was just going to get worse over time. The good news, MD was able to recreate the problem, now it's on it's way to MF to see if it can be fixed, replaced or return/credit. Unfortunately the time line was "...........it could take a few months to see what Musical Fidelity recommends".

MONTHS? That's horrendous service.

MONTHS? That's horrendous service.

A few things are at play here:

They are using the slowest/cheapest shipping possible. I’d figure a month total just in transit time.

Once it gets there, it has to get in line for service and reach the top of the list.

Also, Covid may be causing them to run with a reduced staff to maintain social distancing.

A few things are at play here:

They are using the slowest/cheapest shipping possible. I’d figure a month total just in transit time.

Once it gets there, it has to get in line for service and reach the top of the list.

Also, Covid may be causing them to run with a reduced staff to maintain social distancing.

Yeah quad told me that. They’re running split shifts so only half are in at any time. They quoted up to two months to me too but had it fixed and back within 3 weeks of me sending it. I suppose they’re hedging their bets. Also I imagine if it’s going to go back to musical fidelity then that’s a transatlantic shipping which is slow/expensive right now.

Yeah quad told me that. They’re running split shifts so only half are in at any time. They quoted up to two months to me too but had it fixed and back within 3 weeks of me sending it. I suppose they’re hedging their bets. Also I imagine if it’s going to go back to musical fidelity then that’s a transatlantic shipping which is slow/expensive right now.

Covid really has played havoc with freight shipments.

When it started, customers were getting really cheap and greedy. Rates dropped to under a dollar a mile. Fuel and drivers wages cost a dollar a mile. That doesn’t cover the cost of the truck, trailer, insurance, fuel taxes, repairs, support staff etc. Our break even point is $1.60 a mile. Anything over $2 a mile and I’m happy.

Numerous carriers went out of business. Other smaller operators just parked their rigs instead of running cheap/loser freight.

Now, due to reduced available equipment, rates are $3-4 a mile on average. Being cheap opportunistic bastards really didn’t work out for the customers. They are getting what they deserve. Also, lots of freight is running behind shipper’s schedules because all of the carriers are running at capacity. They can’t get trucks to move their freight. They brought this on themselves.

Covid really has played havoc with freight shipments.

When it started, customers were getting really cheap and greedy. Rates dropped to under a dollar a mile. Fuel and drivers wages cost a dollar a mile. That doesn’t cover the cost of the truck, trailer, insurance, fuel taxes, repairs, support staff etc. Our break even point is $1.60 a mile. Anything over $2 a mile and I’m happy.

Numerous carriers went out of business. Other smaller operators just parked their rigs instead of running cheap/loser freight.

Now, due to reduced available equipment, rates are $3-4 a mile on average. Being cheap opportunistic bastards really didn’t work out for the customers. They are getting what they deserve. Also, lots o freight is running behind shipper’s schedules because all of the carriers are running at capacity. They can’t get trucks to move their freight. They brought this on themselves.
I mean, if I buy an item, and it breaks down under warranty, and I'm told it's going to be months to get it back, I expect a loaner because that's on the company, not me.

I mean, if I buy an item, and it breaks down under warranty, and I'm told it's going to be months to get it back, I expect a loaner because that's on the company, not me.

The store is just the middleman. It’s not on them to provide loaners.

Back