Let's See What Makes Your Vinyl Spin!

Installed a Tangospinner subplatter on my Rega RP3 to replace the stock plastic one. A fairly common upgrade, I think. I run it with the Rega white belt and it is pretty much spot on 33.33.

Only listened to a couple of records and seven inches, so won't make a strong judgment on sound improvement. But there seems to be somewhat tighter bass and more "detail". More listening to come!

Tango.jpg

Installed a Tangospinner subplatter on my Rega RP3 to replace the stock plastic one. A fairly common upgrade, I think. I run it with the Rega white belt and it is pretty much spot on 33.33.

Only listened to a couple of records and seven inches, so won't make a strong judgment on sound improvement. But there seems to be somewhat tighter bass and more "detail". More listening to come!

View attachment 65506
I've just unhooked my RP3 today after the mailman dropped off this muthafucker. My RP3 had a groovetracer sub, white belt, Michell counter weight, external psu.... And it isn't even close to this

IMG_20200911_191919.jpg

I've just unhooked my RP3 today after the mailman dropped off this muthafucker. My RP3 had a groovetracer sub, white belt, Michell counter weight, external psu.... And it isn't even close to this

View attachment 65735
Did you happen to try the same cart on both tables? I fully belive you, from my experience those two tables almost couldn't be more different. But it's extra fun to remove all the variables and understand just the components when you have the chance.

Did you happen to try the same cart on both tables? I fully belive you, from my experience those two tables almost couldn't be more different. But it's extra fun to remove all the variables and understand just the components when you have the chance.
I tried the nag 200 i had on the Rega and it was Brill. I was going to switch for a grado mapletree thing but I got itchy fingers and put the AT Vm740ml on I'd bought to replace the nag. It's just settling but I'm even more impressed.

Don't get me wrong. I was very happy with the rega for years and hadn't intended to replace it... But I'm kinda wishing I'd done so earlier at the minute

View attachment 65735

I went even farther with my last (and final) Rega. I’d say it was above the current P6. Never again. And had I not purchased the MoFi, I’d be running what you have now- just with Grados- one mono, one stereo.

I went even farther with my last (and final) Rega. I’d say it was above the current P6. Never again. And had I not purchased the MoFi, I’d be running what you have now- just with Grados- one mono, one stereo.
Im not sure I can see me ever upgrading again to be honest. It's fab. The G must be insane if the improvement between them is that noticeable.

I looked at the ultra deck but they're £2000 a shot over here and the technics cost me half that. Definitely no buyers regret though.

Im not sure I can see me ever upgrading again to be honest. It's fab. The G must be insane if the improvement between them is that noticeable.

I looked at the ultra deck but they're £2000 a shot over here and the technics cost me half that. Definitely no buyers regret though.

You did awesome. It was $100 more for the MoFi back in 2017. Now it’s $300-500 more depending on Technics discounts.

Great stuff y'all. I love my Rega for its simplicity and with the metal subplatter it sounds even better. I might go for a Mofi down the line, but for now I'm happy and will spend my funds on more records!
Yeah man. Like I said above I was happy for the 5 years I had mine. It's a great turntable and had this not fallen into my lap I'd have been enjoying it tonight too as I didn't really have any plans to get a new one. Hated changing cartridges on it with a passion though. I was always convinced I'd snap the tone arm with my big clumsy mitts.

If anyone else in the U.K./Europe is looking for one there is a 1210 here for under a grand too. Last one standing...

If anyone else in the U.K./Europe is looking for one there is a 1210 here for under a grand too. Last one standing...

I think that’s you Joe! 😎

New speakers in the system! Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo.
Got them at a very generous price as a wedding/housewarming gift. Just getting them dialed in but I am instantly ecstatic! :) :) :)

20200914_103450.jpg
20200914_103501.jpg

New speakers in the system! Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo.
Got them at a very generous price as a wedding/housewarming gift. Just getting them dialed in but I am instantly ecstatic! :) :) :)

View attachment 66157
View attachment 66159
Holy hell. Very nice.

Back