Let's See What Makes Your Vinyl Spin!

I'm referring to the company who produces the product. If it's gunna be a week or two, fine. But months? No. Loaner.
A lot of companies and dealers will work with you on that honestly. But they don't make it policy because most customers won't ask.

A lot of companies and dealers will work with you on that honestly. But they don't make it policy because most customers won't ask.
I've never really had an issue with this myself, but with the sheer level of failure on new products these days and how totally shoddily made 3/4s of "big ticket" electronics are in the year 2020 I have little to no patience with companies collectively shrugging their shoulders when their products fail.

My setup and collection size have come a long way since first posting about it last year or so. With that being said, I feel like I have cords everywhere and wanted some recommendations on how to better organize them? What do you all use to keep cords tidy?

Last edited:
My setup and collection size has come a long way since first posting about it last year or so. With that being said, I feel like I have cords everywhere and wanted some recommendations on how to better organize them? What do you all use to keep cords tidy?
I've tried cable ties to keep it clean, but it becomes a pain if you ever need to replace or move one. Now I just make sure they're all free from being tangled between each other, each run clear on it's own, if that makes sense. That way, if I need to replace one it's not a Rubik's cube of cables to untangle. Curious to hear what others are doing :)

I've tried cable ties to keep it clean, but it becomes a pain if you ever need to replace or move one. Now I just make sure they're all free from being tangled between each other, each run clear on it's own, if that makes sense. That way, if I need to replace one it's not a Rubik's cube of cables to untangle. Curious to hear what others are doing :)
I’ve used the reusable Velcro ties but nothing really solves the problem of having to untangle to remove and replace.

I’ve used the reusable Velcro ties but nothing really solves the problem of having to untangle to remove and replace.

That’s what I use too. I get @AnthonyI‘s point regarding it being a ball ache if you change gear/cables but I hate a cable mess more than such changes eating up time so I stick with them.

Also I have 2 separate cable drops that are tied together, one for my power cables tied together and the second for the audio cables. I heard somewhere that they should not be bunched together? Not sure how true this is but I did it anyway cuz it’s hardly extra hassle.

That’s what I use too. I get @AnthonyI‘s point regarding it being a ball ache if you change gear/cables but I hate a cable mess more than such changes eating up time so I stick with them.
Funny enough, with this "New" piece on it's way in and having to pull the rig away from the wall, I am thinking of wrapping cables up with the full intention of not replacing or adding anything else........................ I hate myself sometimes, lol

I have so many cords and cables going between my two amp setups + the sub and speakers that I've just resigned myself to using a woven cable protector to bundle them. It works pretty well and is, at the very least, less visually intrusive than a mass of loose wire:

I have so many cords and cables going between my two amp setups + the sub and speakers that I've just resigned myself to using a woven cable protector to bundle them. It works pretty well and is, at the very least, less visually intrusive than a mass of loose wire:

I think what bugs me the most is seeing cables dangling behind the racks open space when you look at your equipment from the front, lol

So it seems that part of the problem that I had with the power amps was due to overheating in the rack. So I got a pair of these AC Infinity cooler panel fan things to put on top of each. What a difference, you can’t hear them when music is playing, even softly, and even on half power the amps are, after 3 hours play, just warm to the touch, not the infernos that they used to be, the things were previously a pair of living room space heaters...

The only downside is that I can’t use my lovely wooden stands. Oh well they’re being stored until I one day get a house and have room to put the amps on top of cubes either side of the main rack!

8C649346-5FE7-4B3F-A875-E8B92EB6F29A.jpeg

Last edited:
Back