Let's See What Makes Your Vinyl Spin!

Finally! Almost three months after ordering, the lighter counterweight has turned up!

Now I’m happy to share a post in here of the Hana SL on my tonearm. By the way, this is a seriously impressive cartridge!

View attachment 125001
I'm seeing a trend here. Buying everything that's endorsed by HiFi Guy are you? 😉

I'm seeing a trend here. Buying everything that's endorsed by HiFi Guy are you? 😉

I mean he knows his shit! I learned that after my enjoyable, but frustrating, little quad detour! I’m pretty sure he reviewed the higher M line though, I think it was @AnthonyI that I spoke to when I was considering the Hana SL!

I don’t think he endorses my table though and I picked out my phono stage and pre amp myself 😜

Last edited:
I switched to a Hana in November. They’re damn fine carts. Enjoy!

I am! I actually put this on in November too but because I didn’t have a light enough counterweight I was using a blob of blue tack for the tracking force! Hence only sharing the picture here now 😂

Waited for over a year for a 1200G. Got tired of waiting. Took the $ and spent it on 2 tables, a MoFi Fender Precision Deck and a return to an old friend, the PLX1000, to satisfy the DD/Cart changing itch.

@HiFi Guy recommended this to me years ago and I enjoyed it tremendously. At the time I got an upgrade itch and actually traded it for my first UltraDeck.

PLX re-arrived today. Waiting on my Herbies Mat and KAB Dampener. I forgot how heavy these were. Don’t recall the DJ badging on the old one but whatever. Starting out with my Shure V15 III w/Jico SAS. Set it to track at 1g and she’s singing. Will switch in the Nagaoka MP-500 as well.

I’m happy with how it worked out. Look forward to the arrival of the Mofi. D325D9BA-EBD7-4FDD-85D2-F668CB984949.jpeg

Last edited:
Waited for over a year for a 1200G. Got tired of waiting. Took the $ and spent it on 2 tables, a MoFi Fender Precision Deck and a return to an old friend, the PLX1000, to satisfy the DD/Cart changing itch.

@HiFi Guy recommended this to me years ago and I enjoyed it tremendously. At the time I got an upgrade itch and actually traded it for my first UltraDeck.

PLX re-arrived today. Waiting on my Herbies Mat and KAB Dampener. I forgot how heavy these were. Don’t recall the DJ badging on the old one but whatever. Starting out with my Shure V15 III w/Jico SAS. Set it to track at 1g and she’s singing. Will switch in the Nagaoka MP-500 as well.

I’m happy with how it worked out. Look forward to the arrival of the Mofi. View attachment 128849
I got my PLX1000 In January 2020 and it does not have the “DJ” silk screen.

Back