Let's See What Makes Your Vinyl Spin!

I guess after going back and forth from altering the balance to not that it’s more just the vocals don’t seem centered and biased to the right but the right channel doesn’t seem louder overall. I knew the magnepans needed proper placement but maybe down the road I’ll have the space and money for amplification to take advantage of them

Last edited:
So are you suggesting to switch the speaker cables at the amp and swap the channels ? I have the speakers positioned so that when I’m listening speaker serial number -1 is on the left and -2 on the right .
No. Disconnect one of the cables and reverse the connections--take the end that was connected to the amp and connect it to the speaker; take the end that was connected to the speaker and connect it to the amp. Some speaker cables are purported to be directional, meaning that it matters which end is connected to what.

I just want to say, that I'm just deliriously happy with how my system sounds now. The L100s have completely fixed the minor outstanding issues I had with my sound before, mainly that things were skewing a little TOO technical and not fun enough. The fun factor is now in full effect but the Dirac room correction still has everything sounding tight and not TOOO syrupy. Honestly, just so thrilled.

Last edited:
No. Disconnect one of the cables and reverse the connections--take the end that was connected to the amp and connect it to the speaker; take the end that was connected to the speaker and connect it to the amp. Some speaker cables are purported to be directional, meaning that it matters which end is connected to what.
This is what I meant. It’s most likely the shelf, based on what I understand about Maggies, but troubleshooting various parts of the system doesn’t hurt.

So are you suggesting to switch the speaker cables at the amp and swap the channels ? I have the speakers positioned so that when I’m listening speaker serial number -1 is on the left and -2 on the right .
Carefully check and make sure your speaker cables polarity is correct. Put the Elac's in and see if the same issues are there. If so you know its something in your electronics chain/ setup and or the room. If not, then something's up with the Maggies. @HiFi Guy knows Maggies pretty well also so I have pinged him in.

Last edited:
Carefully check and make sure your speaker cables polarity is correct. Put the Elac's in and see if the same issues are there. If so you know its something in your electronics chain/ setup and or the room. If not, then something's up with the Maggies. @HiFi Guy knows Maggies pretty well also so I have pinged him in.
I’m sure it’s simply placement as was originally posited, I knew going in that they were difficult but I thought I could make them work at some point but until I buy a house that seems unlikely, I also didn’t think that the adcom power amp would get much out of them but hoped it would be “adequate” to enjoy them. I assume this isn’t what people mean when they say they don’t “image” because I can’t imagine people dealing with vocals that aren’t centered. I apologize for not moving this conversation over to the proper thread but thanks for all the input from my hi-fi family.

Last edited:
New member here, it was suggested that I post my spinnin' machine. So here goes.
1999 Technics SL-1200M3D with these modifications:
DIY external power supply, power switch no turns the strobe on and off.
Blue LED in pop up light. 20211205_081548.jpg
Origin Live Onyx tonearm
KAB Acoustics wood case
Ian Mac bearing
Isonoe feet
Rope caulk under the plinth
I have been a Reso-Mat fan for a long time, I glued the spikes directly to an acrylic platter.
My cartridge is a Hana SL retipped by Andy Kim with a boron cantilever and ML stylus.
20211205_080525.jpg20211205_080701.jpg20211205_080710.jpg

New member here, it was suggested that I post my spinnin' machine. So here goes.
1999 Technics SL-1200M3D with these modifications:
DIY external power supply, power switch no turns the strobe on and off.
Blue LED in pop up light. View attachment 120330
Origin Live Onyx tonearm
KAB Acoustics wood case
Ian Mac bearing
Isonoe feet
Rope caulk under the plinth
I have been a Reso-Mat fan for a long time, I glued the spikes directly to an acrylic platter.
My cartridge is a Hana SL retipped by Andy Kim with a boron cantilever and ML stylus.
View attachment 120327View attachment 120328View attachment 120329
RAD! @cyto

I didn't know KAB did a wooden plinth for the 1200.

Those speakers!! I chose the Forte’s over them a couple years ago and have always wanted to give them another go in my room. Congrats on having a pair!
And I on the other hand have wanted to hear a pair of Forte's in this room... Maybe we should do a tradesies. It should only cost.....

-does math-

$9000 to ship these.

And I on the other hand have wanted to hear a pair of Forte's in this room... Maybe we should do a tradesies. It should only cost.....

-does math-

$9000 to ship these.
I wish we lived closer! I would love to swap for the L100’s, even if just temporarily!! But ya, shipping either of these sets ain’t cheap!!! Lol

-does math-

$9000 to ship these.
watch your local s.ont CL's, Forte 1 (700-1K), II (900-1350), III (1750-2.5K), IV, and Heritage Series come up.

Back