Kanye

edit: this came out around same time he joined protests for BLM
So that was in Feb. 2019.
This was one year later, straight from the horse's mouth:
For the election ahead, do you plan to speak more about it, or are your interests elsewhere?
No, I’m definitely voting this time. And we know who I’m voting on. And I’m not going to be told by the people around me and the people that have their agenda that my career is going to be over. Because guess what: I’m still here! Jesus Is King was No. 1! I was told my career would end if I wasn’t with her. What kind of campaign is that, anyway? That’s like if Obama’s campaign was “I’m with black.” What’s the point of being a celebrity if you can’t have an opinion? Everybody make their own opinion! You know?
So who knows? But my point isn't really about whether he personally supports Trump for president, it's that the rhetoric of people like Trump is saturating our culture. Kanye is using the language of Trumpism no matter who he votes for or what hat he wears or who he donates money to.

So that was in Feb. 2019.
This was one year later, straight from the horse's mouth:

So who knows? But my point isn't really about whether he personally supports Trump for president, it's that the rhetoric of people like Trump is saturating our culture. Kanye is using the language of Trumpism no matter who he votes for or what hat he wears or who he donates money to.
As far as I know that tweet came out a couple of weeks ago. Following the protests for Black Lives Matter. It might’ve been in response to it, idk.
but he raises some good points and even Biden came to heat over his, “if you don’t vote for me you’re not black statement”.
And saying the media is “fake” is in a way a Trumpism. But we all know the news like cnn and fox overdramatizes violence (I.e riots vs protests) and media coverage. People were saying that way before Trump. 🤷🏽‍♂️
That’s why I stick with NPR lol

As far as I know that tweet came out a couple of weeks ago. Following the protests for Black Lives Matter. It might’ve been in response to it, idk.
but he raises some good points and even Biden came to heat over his, “if you don’t vote for me you’re not black statement”.
And saying the media is “fake” is in a way a Trumpism. But we all know the news like cnn and fox overdramatizes violence (I.e riots vs protests) and media coverage. People were saying that way before Trump. 🤷🏽‍♂️
That’s why I stick with NPR lol
It looks like the interview clip comes from here: GLC Claims Kanye West Won't Wear the MAGA Hat Ever Again

I imagine it probably resurfaced recently because of stories that Kanye has donated heavily to funds for the families of Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, and others, and how the prison reform efforts Kanye has made are related to issues of cash bail and police reform in general. And those are, no doubt, nice gestures from Kanye.

It looks like the interview clip comes from here: GLC Claims Kanye West Won't Wear the MAGA Hat Ever Again

I imagine it probably resurfaced recently because of stories that Kanye has donated heavily to funds for the families of Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, and others, and how the prison reform efforts Kanye has made are related to issues of cash bail and police reform in general. And those are, no doubt, nice gestures from Kanye.
Aye bet, thanks for the clarification!

Back