Kanye

Benhawaii

i think if i had 68 million back (which means i probably made a while lot more than 68 million) AND knowing that 68 million buys a lot of shit, id be embarrassed to make a big deal out of only donating 68 million. especially after trump changed the rules for the wealthy to get way more back than previous.

this is only my opinion and not trying to beef but here it is:

kanye is kind of a narcissistic dick. if he ever believed in anything he wrote / rapped about - his life (and ours after giving him our money - the reason hes so wealthy) - common sense being that he is a genuis etc etc etc would dictate he'd do a lot more with the rewards. instead he seeks vindication for everything, wants to be recognized on a constant basis, and goes fucking totally nuts whenever someone disagrees with him. at first i wondered why he wore that maga hat, but now im realizing that this guy is black trump. he doesnt really give a shit about what he says as he practives the opposite of what he preaches or frequently introduces a variety of other elements to sidetrack and distance himself from what was the real topic.

folks that defend kanye for HIS actions have an affinity to do the same. his "followers" dont know kanye - so theres no way to validate directly his "genius" or say this or that is why he meant to do it. hes a packaged pop start that generates tons of revenue on what in all honesty is at times good and at time mediocre. its the circus life that gets him this attention - but i dont see him returning that to the best of his ability to where / what he preaches about (past or now).

that said. if you like him - then great. but for fucks sake dont put kanye on a higher pedestal than hes already put himself. i feel like talking about him is just clickbait at this point and im regretting even have popped my head into this thread. you want a real mc that could kick kanyes ass in a ring, a lyrical battle, and on principles alone? black thought's been doing it a lot longer without any bullshit and has represented hip hop like a g for all since day muthafuckin one. and hes never waffled. so please dont come out with any mumbo jumbo bullshit other than you like kanye. thats cool. but i have a serious problem with someone of his all over the place stances trying to be a central human figure of consistency, decency and moving forward positively. at this point, until he proves me wrong hes kind of a sad joke that keeps believing all the hype.

Woob_woob

I like you @Woob_woob

wasn’t sure at first but after a long weird week it’s nice to come home to these forums and rationally discuss things in the crazy fucked up world.

you ever make it to Seattle you hit me up for a beer and some weed.
Seattle is definitely high on my list of US cities I still need to visit. I hear great things and my wife loves it there

dhodo

OMG.

I mean, there is a point he is completely incapable of making eloquently behind these statements, but isn't complaining that Forbes won't call $890 million a billion and saying that is based on racial prejudice kind of strange? Where does one get a "receipt" showing your total net worth? Or am I misunderstanding that part?

Last edited:

Melt Face Molly Drop

I mean, there is a point he is completely incapable of making eloquently behind these statements,
Exactly this. As he gets older, not only is his lyricism worsening, but so is his rhetoric. The average person won’t bother trying to decipher what it is he is saying, but he’s at least got a semblance of a message he’s trying to push through.

wmeugene

So I grew up sort of where the bible belt began, but went to liberal schools for undergrad and law school so my social media "friends" and connections run the gamut and let's just say there's only a small subset with anything positive to say online about the new Jesus Is King and they share Mr. Stroud's politics.

TBH, this thread (and Pitchfork) are really the only places where I've seen some positive receptions to his recent work outside of those circles. It's just interesting to observe.

Last edited:

Indymisanthrope