June 2021 Vinyl Spin Challenge: 🌈☀️Holidaze 🎶🪐

Day 23: National Pink Day
P!nk

The Band - Music From The Big Pink
7733E9B2-5149-47CD-BDF4-B04F19D2D83C.jpeg

The album has “Pink” in the title and since I have too many fantastic albums pressed on pink wax to choose one, @Yer Ol' Uncle D already played Boris, and I don’t own Pink Friday or any albums by the artist Pink. This seemed like probably my best options…plus this album is perfect and I haven’t listened to it in a while.

Day 23: Widower

So technically not a widower since they divorced shortly before her passing, but a friend and I were discussing True Love Waits. Her theory was that it was written for Thom's first wife Rachel Owens. The lyrics certainly hold up to the the pain of losing someone close.

Radiohead ~ A Moon Shaped Pool

1624468590723.png

June 20
Father's Day - What would your father choose to listen to?

Growing up I remember my dad having only 2 pre-recorded cassettes. Bob Dylan ‎– Highway 61 Revisited and this. I think my brother may still have them both.

The Dylan was in an odd outer case that I don't see listed on Discogs...if I am remembering it correctly it was in some sort of clam-shell like case with the cover art glued to it. It may have been something he picked up during his Marine Corps years.

I got this at a Goodwill years ago...not in the best shape, but I really haven't felt the need to upgrade.

The Who ‎– Tommy
Decca ‎– DXSW 7205, 1969

Pressed at MCA Pressing Plant, Pinckneyville, IL

33xge1.jpg

pa8a5v.jpg

Back