June 2019 Vinyl Challenge

Day 29: Newbie (AKA "Fresh Off The Mail Truck")

Just got this in the mail and had issues submitting it to Discogs. Seemed I had 2 different opened browsers in the sub edit that was causing some caching issues. Got that sorted, but it took way too many edits.

Keith Emerson And Goblin ‎– The Church
Death Waltz Recording Company - DW138, 1989/2019

Repress of 2015 Italian release

Pressed at Record Industry

0OnYEu.jpg

fuYzH4.jpg

Day 27: back in the day part 2
Huey lewis and the news ~ sports

IMG_20190630_082825.jpg

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83,I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humour.

Day 29 - Newbie

The Messthetics - S/T

This just showed up Friday, so it's my newest record and also a band that is completely new to me. A friend (with taste almost as impeccable as @Teeeee ) texted me a link to an article about them Wednesday morning. I watched their Tiny Desk then ordered the record. It's the bass player and drummer from Fugazi (Joe Lally and Brendan Canty) and a guitar player named Anthony Pirog who has a kind of Fripp thing going on. I am digging this on first listen...

20190630_141449.jpg

Day 29 - Newbie

Brian Eno/David Byrne - My Life in the Bush of Ghosts

This record just arrived in the mail, sent to me by the extremely generous @LeeVing. We were talking about Eno in one of these threads, and I mentioned how I’d never found a copy of this with the OG tracklist (with Qu’Ran). He reached out to me and sent me a duplicate he had as a PIF. I’m super happy to have a copy of this now!

This is a fantastic community, and I’m happy to be part of it.

364EBD3E-26C4-40D3-BB3A-AECD57188CD6.jpeg

Day 30 - Pride

Wendy Carlos - Switched-On Bach

Wendy was a pioneer both as a trans woman and as one of the first artists to record with a Moog synth. This album from 1968 (with her still recording as Walter Carlos) went platinum and was the first exposure to synth music for many listeners.

85BEC095-82C1-4166-972B-4E2ED51A8022.jpeg

Thanks @ranbalam for putting this together!

Day 29 - Newbie

Brian Eno/David Byrne - My Life in the Bush of Ghosts

This record just arrived in the mail, sent to me by the extremely generous @LeeVing. We were talking about Eno in one of these threads, and I mentioned how I’d never found a copy of this with the OG tracklist (with Qu’Ran). He reached out to me and sent me a duplicate he had as a PIF. I’m super happy to have a copy of this now!

This is a fantastic community, and I’m happy to be part of it.

View attachment 9320

Glad it got to you. I had been thinking that it doesn't do me any good keeping multiple copies of records...especially when others have a hard time acquiring them.

I do like the idea of giving out records that people want / have been looking for rather than me posting what I have available as is what the PIF thread seems to be.

Last edited:
Back